Tagan Aplus CS Monolize Full Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at the CS-Monolize case from Tagan. Everyone may know Tagan for their power supplies, now they expanding to the realm of enthusiast cases, and they went big. The Tagan Monolize features a pair of huge 250mm side blue LED Fan with control on the side door for some serious airflow!

Some may look at the cooling package of the CS-Monolize and think that it is not very elegant, but more along the lines of brute force. Well sometimes a hit with a big hammer is what gets the job done, and Tagan brought a really big hammer. They stuck two fans pushing 150 CFM each in a case that only takes up 2.4 cubic feet of space. So getting fresh air into the case is not an issue.

Article Title: Tagan Aplus CS Monolize Full Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/754/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $95.99 plus shipping
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Tagan Aplus CS Monolize Full Tower Case Review

Post by kappage »

very nice and clean looking case. Brilliant review as always!! Keep up the good work Bubba!!!!!! (i think its Bubba)
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

I would have to turn off all the lights on the case. From a personal stand point was it "hairdryer loud"?
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

kappage wrote:very nice and clean looking case. Brilliant review as always!! Keep up the good work Bubba!!!!!! (i think its Bubba)
Yup, its me.
DX wrote:I would have to turn off all the lights on the case. From a personal stand point was it "hairdryer loud"?
Noctua quiet no, but with the case on setting on the bench about even with my chest on my left and the fans on high it was quiet, I'd say mid-high 20'sdBA rage. On low not noticeable at all no matter what side your on.

As for the lights, you can turn them all off but the fan lights. Those are tied into the fan control, only way to turn off the fan light is to turn off the fan. I would have like to seen the fan and lights separate, but kids these days are all about the lights.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

needs moar leds :mrgreen: nice write up
dgood
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by dgood »

Wow ironic timing for this review. my friends mobo died we got him a new case. we got this case. It was really easy to build in. Wasn't the easiest I've ever had but I do love how much room you get in full towers. Also those two 250mm fans are awesome.
martini161
Mr Awesome
Mr Awesome

Post by martini161 »

hey bubba do you think you could mount 3x120mm rads on those side fan vents if you took out the fans?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Might, but the fan shroud is plastic, that big of a rad might be a bit much for it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
LuxZg
Legit User
Legit User

Post by LuxZg »

I have it's smaller "brother" CS-188AF, with just one 250mm fan, and I love it! :) It has few shortcommings compared to this one, biggest one being fact that fan was mounted inside case which made the space crowded (wasn't able to put larger heatsinks inside, so I had to re-mount it, and so on). This case has fans on the "outside", in that separate space on the side panel. Because of this, and 2x fans, and tool-less design, I think that my next case will be this one - or a future version that will be based on this one... ;)

Btw, you could try these model names as well, I believe all of these are all the same product, except that WindTunnel models don't have huge "A+" on the doors, and have temp reading instead..:
Tagan CS-Monolize
Aplus CS-Monolize
Aplus CS-WindTunnel
XClio WindTunnel

Tagan/Aplus/XClio have several other cases with these huge fans, and if they are anything like mine CS-188AF and this Monolize, you just can't make a mistake by buying one of them, but these dual-fans look a bit devilish, hehe :supz:

Enjoy! :D And tnx for review!
Intel Core 2 Duo E4400 @ 320x10 (3200MHz) w/ Scythe Ninja rev.B + 120mm fan | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3R (Intel P35 + ICH9R) | 4x 1GB Kingmax MARS DDR2 800 CL5 | GeCube ATi Radeon X1950PRO 512MB | Seagate Barracuda 7200.11 250GB, SATAII, 16MB cache | LG GH20NS15 SuperMulti, SATA | Samsung SyncMaster 757DFX, 17“ CRT, max: 1920x1440@64Hz | Aplus CS-188AF case w/ 250mm side fan | onboard 7.1, with Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers | Chieftec 450W /w 120mm fan | Win XP SP3 32bit / Win 7 Beta1 64bit (dual boot)