ECS GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hydra SLI Video Card Kit

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Our friends over at ECS Elitegroup figured putting two video cards and a water cooling kit together in a nice little package with a popular PC game would get some attention from the community and they were right. The ECS Hydra GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hydra is a one of a kind video card kit that has everything you need for a world class gaming experience. Read on to see how it does!

The ECS GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hyrda SLI kit is a very innovative product that brings together SLI and water cooling very nicely. The bundle comes complete with everything you need to get started and that is very important for a kit of this size. Coming with the full version of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas 2 video game is a nice touch as it is a $20-$30 game and not too many graphics cards come with games any longer. Installation was so simple the directions didn't even need to be used, so this kit will get you into water cooled graphics cards setup with SLI in minutes.
Article Title: ECS GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hydra SLI Video Card Kit
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/799/1/
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ECS GeForce 9800 GTX+ Hydra SLI Video Card Kit

Post by Gomeler »

A nice concept but 3 months too late and overpriced. I'd be all over this concept if they used non-reference cards with a slight over-voltage and 850MHz core, 1200MHz memory as default. A nice try ECS, continue along this concept and you'll get there.
3DMark06 Addict

kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

in 3dmark Vantage thats got to hurt getting owned by a single 280GTX. I also never realised that the power consumption on the 4870X2's was so much! Its crazy :rolleyes:
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

What's the max temp running on your overclock?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

geez I totally forgot by now... it wasn't much higher than default load as the voltage wasn't increased and the frequency bump was just over 100MHz on the core...
Sapientun
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Sapientun »

kappage wrote:I also never realised that the power consumption on the 4870X2's was so much! Its crazy :rolleyes:
Finally, there's a use for the 1kW power supply :)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Apoptosis wrote:geez I totally forgot by now... it wasn't much higher than default load as the voltage wasn't increased and the frequency bump was just over 100MHz on the core...
thanks for the reply.
InFuZiOn
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InFuZiOn »

That would be a nice setup but like someone said earlier its too overpriced now. I'd say its a good setup for those who are inexperienced with water-cooling and want to try it with a full kit thats already pre-made as opposed to trying to water cool an SLI setup by yourself correctly