Blizzcon 2008: Post-Show Coverage and Highlights

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Blizzard Entertainment brought its gamers a third Blizzcon in October 2008. The 2 day convention was held at Anaheim CA and lasted from Oct. 10th until the 11th. This third event drew in thousands of Blizzard enthusiasts from across the country and all over the world. Legit Reviews managed to make it to the show and this is a peak at what happened!

Blizzard also held game tournaments at this year’s Blizzcon. Competition for Warcraft III, StarCraft, and World of Warcraft 3v3 Arena took place with a top prize of $25,000 per player. The winner of the third Blizzcon StarCraft Invitational were the fantastic team from South Korea, Savior. In the Warcraft III bracket, the South Koran team of Lyn took top spot, and the World of Warcraft 3v3 Arena was taken by the European team Nihilum Plasma. Congratulations to all the competitors and winners at this years’ All Blizzcon Tournaments. The large crowds gathered to watch the competitions were very entertained by the level of skill these players brought to each of the game tournament brackets.
Article Title: Blizzcon 2008: Post-Show Coverage and Highlights
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/810/1/
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Blizzcon 2008: Post-Show Coverage and Highlights

Post by Nobahar »

I wish they would do it on the east coast, jealous :P
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

OH wish there were more booth babes.... still the few pics you have are nice =)
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
djtaz112
Legit User
Legit User

Post by djtaz112 »

I wish more conventions would come to the east coast. Making the trip cross country is expensive...but for Blizzcon...well worth it. ^_^
Yes I know about computers, NO, I will not fix yours.
w00fd06
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by w00fd06 »

Yeah, and east coast conference/convention/whatever would be nice, is there any actual reason they're typically held in the west?

Definitely looking forward to StarCraft II, hopefully it'll be kind to my 56k connection :|
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

w00fd06 wrote:Yeah, and east coast conference/convention/whatever would be nice, is there any actual reason they're typically held in the west?

Definitely looking forward to StarCraft II, hopefully it'll be kind to my 56k connection :|

West coast has all the tech companies :( I would love to see one in MD or PA!!!

Mike

I hear the swag bag was pretty damn nice with the WoW card going for hundreds on ebay!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
xmesg
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by xmesg »

DX wrote:OH wish there were more booth babes.... still the few pics you have are nice =)
There were not that many booth babes this year. I tried to get pictures of any babes I saw. In 2005, there were a ton, mainly due to the fact that StarCraft Ghost was a main attraction and if anyone remembers the StarCraft Ghost girl, you can understand why the babes were out in force trying to imitate. :)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Wow (no pun intended), looks like Blizzcon is gaining some traction. How does it compare to previous ones? Any more pictures of the Sapphire girl? :snakeman:
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

There are always E3 babes :P