Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Are you looking for a CPU cooler that performs as good as it looks? The Cooler Master V8 CPU cooler should be up to the task and is designed to handle up to 180 Watts, which is more than any CPU on the desktop market puts out. The V8 cooler has 4 separate set of aluminium fins and linked by 8 diagonal up-rise heat pipes. Will this be enough to make the Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler one of the best?

The V8 from Cooler Master is a very unique looking cooler that performs quite well. In the cooler world today it is getting harder to tell one tower cooler from another. This is not the case with the V8. With its crazy heatpipe bends and the fan shroud it makes the cooler stand out. Combined with the fact it really can perform, to me this makes the V8 a very attractive cooler.
Article Title: Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/833/1/
Pricing At Time Of Print: $69.99 plus shipping at Directron
Alathald
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Cooler Master V8 CPU Cooler Review

Post by Alathald »

Wow that thing is ugly! :vom:
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Alathald wrote:Wow that thing is ugly! :vom:
at least it works. some look uglier and perform the way they look, like crap.
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

I really like the looks of that cooler. I think it would be awesome to paint match it to the system (in the test system, I'd match the ram). Might have to consider this one as a replacement to the AC7 when I get the mods going on the Gamer.
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!

rudis
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rudis »

Well it performs nicely, the price isn't that hurting and I like how it looks. Still I won't jump the gun saying that it is ugly/beauty because such words have no signicance to me. Anyhow the wiring could be done in a more friendly way but I could manage the fan replacement even if it involves some soldering.
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

DaIceMan wrote:I really like the looks of that cooler. I think it would be awesome to paint match it to the system (in the test system, I'd match the ram). Might have to consider this one as a replacement to the AC7 when I get the mods going on the Gamer.
If you painted it, wouldn't you decrease it's performance by adding a layer of insulation to it? Namely the paint?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Think he's talking about painting the shroud, at least I hope he is.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
DaIceMan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DaIceMan »

ummm, duh? Yes, I meant paint the shroud to match. :)
Gamer - Thermaltake Element S | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750 Black | Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L | Intel E8400 | Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro | 4GB OCZ Reaper Ram | XFX 8800GTX | Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer | Seagate 7200.10 320GB

HTPC / Folder - Palit 9600GT 1GB Sonic | AMD Phenom 9600 | Corsair DHX 4GB | ECS GF8200A | OCZ StealthXStream 500
Thanks to Palit, AMD, Corsair and ECS for sponsoring the 2008 Folding Give-away!