Interviewing Palit Microsystem's Darren Polkowski

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Palit is one of the largest graphics card manufacturers worldwide, yet very few people have heard the name beore. Palit has the ability to produce 2 million video cards per month, which is a huge number considering not all systems have discrete graphics cards in them. To better understand Palit we sit down with the Public Relations Manager for Palit Multimedia in a candid interview.

Any particular reason why a frog is the mascot of sorts for Palit?

Frog is symbol of luck and prosperity in Asia. This is the reason we chose the Frog. Some people love it and some don’t. I guess you can’t win with everyone. If you look at ATI with the Gargoyle, some people thought it was too evil. So the next generation they used the metallic Minotaur, still some thought it was too menacing. Then they switched to Ruby. Was everyone happy? Nope. Some said it was too sexual.
Article Title: Interviewing Palit Microsystem's Darren Polkowski
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/853/1/
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Interviewing Palit Microsystem's Darren Polkowski

Post by DMB2000uk »

Thanks for this interview, as I must admit that even thought Palit have been around over here a lot longer than they have over there, I still didn't really know that much about them.

It's re-assuring to know why they can price their cards so competitively, part of me did wonder before if they were skimping on something, but now knowing it's because of their 'buying power' I won't be hesitant to buy from them in the future.

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
DX
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DX »

Cool read. I have to wonder how much is marketing hype and how much is real. I wish though they could make shorter cards like the 4850 so they would fit in computer easier. You would think that would be a huge advantage.
AMD 960T OC'ed to 4gz
ASRock 970 EXTREME4 AM3+ AMD 970
2 X G.SKILL Ares Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000)(16gb)
EVGA SuperClocked 02G-P4-2682-KR GeForce GTX 680 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16
kappage
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kappage »

typoe page two
The HD 4870 Sonic deviates further from the reference design in how we cool it. We built our own cooler with dual fans that are PWN (Pulse Width Modulation) controlled so the user can throttle the fan to the level they need.
The PWN doesnt fit Pulse Width Modulation. :-k
Main Rig: C2D 6850 @ 3.0Ghz, 2Gb DDR2667Mhz @ 833Mhz 5-5-5-15 Timings , XFX xXx 8600GTS @ 730/2260 , Gigabyte Ga-945GCM-S2L
JukeBox: Currently in an Upgrade but im too lazy to do it at the moment
I² keepin it real