CES 2009: NVIDIA Ion, OLEDs and D-Link Sidestage

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Every year before CES officially opens, Pepcom hosts the Digital Experience event for CES Registered Press. Out of the numerous vendors attending the event, we targeted in on NVIDIA's latest innovations and a couple of products specifically requested by our own forum members!
Nvidia had some cool technology on display and something that caught our eye was their Atom Platform called the Ion. With plenty of I/O options, this thing rocks! It can be used as a Vista media extender or you can hook up a hard drive and use it as a stand alone display output for your HDTV. It’s capable of outputting GPU accelerated 1080p video thanks a GeForce 9400 GPU. Coupled with an Intel Atom processor, it promises to be a silent yet powerful bridge between a full on HTPC and media extender.

Article Title: CES 2009: NVIDIA, OLEDs and D-Link Sidestage
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/870/1/
DMB2000uk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: CES 2009: NVIDIA Ion, OLEDs and D-Link Sidestage

Post by DMB2000uk »

Didn't Intel essentially nuke this by saying that they weren't going to sell the Atom chip without their ITX board?

Dan
Image (<- Clickable)
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

OT - Is that one of the LR staff in the last picture on page 4 with the big collared cowboy shirt on? :shock:

Mike

:) Hope everyone is having a good time!!!
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

nope that was a random person that wanted their picture taken... ;)
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

You’re also going to need a display capable of 120Hz for the glasses to work. There are a couple of 120Hz monitors being announced this week, one of which is the Samsung 2233RZ at $399.
So will my Sony Bravia 120Hz TV monitor work?
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by stev »

Hope that the D-Link SideStage can compete with the 7" DVD personal players in price. Else, it may flop since I do have a 7" DVD player with display from Wal*Mart that has an S-video port to play what's on my laptop onto it. The laptop then is configured to dual displays.

Neat idea, it needs more thought to challenge the personal DVD player with display market.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights