Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard features Ultra Durable 3 technology with a 2oz copper PCB for 50°C cooler working temperature when working under extreme loads. With 16 Intel P45 Express motherboards on the market, Gigabyte has a ton of motherboards to pick from. Read on to see if the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard is right for you.

Having used the Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P motherboard for the last few weeks I have been very impressed with the performance. For anyone looking at a moderate cost, high performance solution it is definitely the way to go. Overclocking is where the Gigabyte EP45-UD3P really shines, I was able to take my retail Q9450 with just an 8x multiplier and crank it up a full 1200MHz without going over 1.3v...
Article Title: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/883/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $114.99 shipped free after a $15 mail-in-rebate at Newegg
Gomeler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P Motherboard Review

Post by Gomeler »

I had a UD3P and it was a kickass board until I accidentally snapped some of the traces due dropping the board with my LN2 pot attached :oops: . I had an early sample which didn't clock my dual-core that well but it clocked my 45nm quad-core better than even my Rampage Extreme. This board will also push DDR2 farther than ANY other board on the market as far as I can tell. Gigabyte had a contest where people were able to hit DDR2-1760 CAS6, faster than most DDR3 memory kits :supz: I really wish this board had launched about 6 months ago, it would have been insane. Still a damn fine piece of engineering and what lessons Gigabyte learned with this board definitely went into their Core i7 boards.
3DMark06 Addict

slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

I missed a recent deal on this board at my local computer store. I wish I hadn't.
barone
Legit User
Legit User

Post by barone »

I was going to get this too but the price jumped back up :(
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

what was the price before? I thought $114 was a good price.
slugbug
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by slugbug »

Apoptosis wrote:what was the price before? I thought $114 was a good price.
Local store had it for $109 Canadian minus a $20 MIR. It was a price error and went up to $189.