Kingston HyperX T1 3GB & 6GB 2000MHz DDR3 Memory Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Today LR has taken the latest DDR3 HyperX Triple Channel kits from Kingston and run them through their paces. We have visited Kingston's DDR3 Triple Channel kits before, but now we have kits with Kingston's new HTX T1 heatspreaders for the optimal cooling. Read on to find out which kit, the 3GB or 6GB, offers the best performance, overclock, and bang for the buck!

Compared to more conventional heat spreaders, this HyperX T1 kit is much taller. You can see in the photos that there are plenty of ribs in the heat spreader to utilize every bit of airflow it can get. At 2000MHz, any extra cooling you can get is welcome to ensure that you maintain stability under an enormous load. Our kits today come set up with XMP, or Xtreme Memory Profile. By choosing one of the two XMP profiles in BIOS, your memory is automatically configured to run optimally on a Core i7 system. Our Kingston HyperX T1 kits have XMP profiles of either 1866MHz or 2000MHz.
Article Title: Kingston HyperX T1 3GB & 6GB 2000MHz DDR3 Memory Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/890/1/
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Kingston HyperX T1 3GB & 6GB 2000MHz DDR3 Memory Review

Post by InspectahACE »

oh my...I may now have changed my mind on the 6GB 1600 dominators i was thinkin of gettin...(since they are price similar to these)
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Pretty hot stuff here, and good to see the pricing coming down. I wonder what voltage might be holding you up... I'm just starting to get into i7 overclocking myself (I've been doing FSB overclocking for a while now). However, I can't afford to buy new memory since I just got the 1600 kits when they came out, though the price is close to what it was. *ouch*
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

gwolfman wrote:Pretty hot stuff here, and good to see the pricing coming down. I wonder what voltage might be holding you up... I'm just starting to get into i7 overclocking myself (I've been doing FSB overclocking for a while now). However, I can't afford to buy new memory since I just got the 1600 kits when they came out, though the price is close to what it was. *ouch*

yea..im glad i haven't bought my ram yet since the price is damn right for these..tax return is supposed to deposited any day now so im just hoping these are in stock when i get it
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

InspectahACE wrote:
gwolfman wrote:Pretty hot stuff here, and good to see the pricing coming down. I wonder what voltage might be holding you up... I'm just starting to get into i7 overclocking myself (I've been doing FSB overclocking for a while now). However, I can't afford to buy new memory since I just got the 1600 kits when they came out, though the price is close to what it was. *ouch*

yea..im glad i haven't bought my ram yet since the price is damn right for these..tax return is supposed to deposited any day now so im just hoping these are in stock when i get it
sweet, good deal. I hope I get money back too!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

the waiting list im on at newegg says the ETA on these for the 6GB is around the 23rd..and at $245.99 also :)...I suppose I have some decisions to make lol #-o