Vista SP2 quirks?

Operating Systems
Windows, Linux, Solaris, Red Hat, etc.....32 bit or 64 bit.
If its an OS, its here.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Vista SP2 quirks?

Post by InspectahACE »

Has anyone (who has installed SP2) noticed any slowness to their system after updating? Im not sure if it's the new Nvidia drivers(which I will re-install in a moment) even doing the right-click on the desktop takes awhile to the menu to show, even longer when opening the Nvidia Control Panel..when it didn't before. that's not the only parts, but the most noticeable I've seen so far. I updated the drivers and Vista around the same time so I didn't see what did what.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
FZ1

Re: Vista SP2 quirks?

Post by FZ1 »

the issue is with the NVIDIA drivers. I think I posted something about it and how to fix it in one of the Win 7 RC threads because it was happening there too.
Joe
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

I can't even get SP2 to install on my system. Getting error messages while installing :(
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Did you originally do a slim Vista install?
Joe
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

dont know what that's supposed to be :|
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Did you use Vlite to decrease the install size of Vista. Some people have had issues installing SP2 if they did that.
Joe
ratNukit
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by ratNukit »

No didn't do that.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

FZ1 wrote:the issue is with the NVIDIA drivers. I think I posted something about it and how to fix it in one of the Win 7 RC threads because it was happening there too.

Any chance you can point me to that thread or fix? It's really starting to annoy me. it also takes twice as long to enable/disable SLI so I can fold.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Nevermind lol.. beta 186 driver came out and it fixed the issue. no lag now :)
KILLER_K
Legit User
Legit User

Post by KILLER_K »

Only lag i got after sp2 install is the side bar super slow load up. Not sure what is going on but i have to sit and wait a pretty good while to let it load.

Good Day
bmaverick
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by bmaverick »

KILLER_K wrote:Only lag i got after sp2 install is the side bar super slow load up. Not sure what is going on but i have to sit and wait a pretty good while to let it load.

Good Day

Is that dar side bar da Gadget bar? If dat be so, den mine B goin slow 2.

Opps, sorry. forgot that this wasn't Myspace. I spend too much time over there and in IM chat.

Is that the side Gadget bar? If so, mine is running so slow too.
My heatware!

Support Your Local Sheriff - At high noon

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."
KILLER_K
Legit User
Legit User

Post by KILLER_K »

Yes that would be the same thing "Gadget Bar" and "Sidebar" and i cannot for my life figure out what it is caused from. As i have disabled everything in msconfig one by one and nothing helps.

Good Day