NZXT Beta Mid Tower PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

NZXT Beta Mid Tower PC Case Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Usually when a person says they bought a budget mid-tower steel computer case for their gaming PC for around $50 you know that they most likely bought something ugly with bad build quality. Today, NZXT destroys that myth with the $49.99 NZXT Beta gaming chassis. You'll be amazed at what you get for this price point, so read on.

The build quality is surprisingly good for a budget case. There are no acutely sharp edges or corners, the panels slide off and on with ease and the drive bays are sized properly – not overly spacious or tight. The NZXT Beta case primarily employs rivets and bends for its construction with nary a weld in sight. The panels are thin and somewhat flexible but not excessively so and the aforementioned interior paint appeared flawless to my visual inspection. For those on a budget looking for a solid case minus the frills but offering more than the average comparable chassis, you can't do much better than the NZXT Beta...
Article Title: NZXT Beta Mid Tower PC Case Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1026/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $49.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
GI-JOE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NZXT Beta Mid Tower PC Case Review

Post by GI-JOE »

Nice case, would definately look into this if I was building from scratch.
-----------------------------------------------------
- CoolerMaster Elite 330
- Intel Pentium Dual Core E5200 @ 3.16ghz (9.5 x 333 @ 1.12 volts)
- Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L
- 4 GB G-Skill DDR2 800
- Asus 8800GT 512mb w/Glaciator Fansink
- Antec Trio TruePower 650w
Nobahar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Nobahar »

Yes, it is nice. I didn't know there was a value reward :P You hinted at it already, if I won this then it will be for my next build. It is weird it comes with a front fan and not a back one, I'd go with a no-frills strong fan that isn't too loud.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Nice review on the case. The case doesn't look bad either.
spitter
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by spitter »

I bought 2 of these cases they are nice and affordable, very flexible too. A few things I like about them, the lighted fan is behind the dust filter so when the filter is too dirty you can tell very quickly it needs to be cleaned. The doors are reversible, if you don't want a gpu and cpu blowers you can improve the front to back airflow by switching the doors (I read this, I have not tried it yet). The power and reset button are lite and easy to find, I reversed the lights so that the reset button is always lite, no more groping for the reset in the dark. I've had them for month now and still have not found anything better for the price, would build another one again.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

spitter wrote:The doors are reversible, if you don't want a gpu and cpu blowers you can improve the front to back airflow by switching the doors (I read this, I have not tried it yet).
The side panels can indeed be swapped - I did it by mistake while working on it. However, I don't think there would be room between the MB tray and the panel to fit a fan.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

spitter wrote:I bought 2 of these cases they are nice and affordable, very flexible too. A few things I like about them, the lighted fan is behind the dust filter so when the filter is too dirty you can tell very quickly it needs to be cleaned. The doors are reversible, if you don't want a gpu and cpu blowers you can improve the front to back airflow by switching the doors (I read this, I have not tried it yet). The power and reset button are lite and easy to find, I reversed the lights so that the reset button is always lite, no more groping for the reset in the dark. I've had them for month now and still have not found anything better for the price, would build another one again.
Next time someone wants me to build a system and doesn't already have a case in mind I'm going to suggest one of these... they look like they are worth a shot and I'm pretty anal when it comes to cases.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!