Kingston 32GB DataTraveler 112 USB Flash Drive

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The new DataTraveler 112 from Kingston helps budget-conscious users break storage barriers, allowing them to easily store and move large files in a device no bigger than a pocketknife. With capacities of up to 32GB and a simple capless design, is this drive perfect for you?

One of the newest additions to the Kingston USB Flash Drive series family is the DataTraveler 112. This drive is aimed at the mainstream USB Flash Drive market as it comes with standard read/write speeds and a very competitive price point. With summer coming to a close and the back to school shopping season in full swing, storage devices like this should be high on the list of many of our readers.
Article Title: Kingston 32GB DataTraveler 112 USB Flash Drive Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1033/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $75.98 for the 32GB DataTraveler 112
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Kingston 32GB DataTraveler 112 USB Flash Drive

Post by Major_A »

Out of curiosity how does an external drive hooked up to a USB port perform in comparison?
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:Out of curiosity how does an external drive hooked up to a USB port perform in comparison?
Depends on the speed of the drive. USB 2.0 is limited to 480Mbps so that will likely be the limiting factor in either case.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Like Joe said USB 2.0 goes up to 480Mbps, which is ~40MB/s, so that will likely be the limiting factor in either case. That 40MB/s speed is theoretical and as you can see many USB drives are already breaking the 32MB/s mark, which is impressive. For example the OCZ Throttle below:

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

It would be nice if more manufacturers would include eSATA ports (especially on laptops) to bypass this speed limitation. I have a drive that I used for both USB and eSATA transfers and when it's hooked to the USB port I can feel gray hairs growing.