BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector is a palm-sized pocket projector designed to keep you entertained wherever you go. This mini projector is LED-lit and can display images up to 80 inches with a resolution of 858 x 600. It also comes with an integrated 2W speaker, so it really is portable.

The BenQ Joybee GP1 mini projector is a wonderful device that more than exceeded our expectations. Being able to plug in a USB 2.0 Flash drive that contains images (JPEG, GIF, BMP, TIFF) or videos (MPEG4, MJPEG, XviD, 3ivX) and having the BenQ Joybee GP1 mini projector automatically launch a media playback menu without a laptop is awesome. With a noise level under 40dBA, the GP1 is relatively quiet and has fairly decent picture quality at the devices native 858 x 600 resolution. When it comes to image quality, the 100 ANSI lumens of brightness is adequate in dimly lit areas, but during the daytime the image is easily washed out. This makes the GP1 ideal for simple work presentations, academia or casual movie watching. The integrated 2W speaker that is incorporated into the chassis is more than good enough to crank out the audio for most situations, but you can always use other speakers if you prefer better audio. BenQ has done an impressive job getting this much quality into a palm-sized projector with a 5.4 x 4.7 x 2.1-inch footprint. Even the user interface is easy enough to use that a first time projector user should be up and running in minutes...

Article Title: BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1054/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $639.99
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BenQ Joybee GP1 Mini Projector Review

Post by Illuminati »

I like the feature set! Being able to play video straight from a flash drive is awesome. Would like to see one with an HD resolution though... :snakeman:
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
mickyy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by mickyy »

You can get GP1 from BenQ online store @ $499 and they are running a $50 rebate now. It is much better than getting from other dealers.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Right, but to qualify for the $50 rebate you must purchase one of two $49 Apple cables and pay shipping/taxes. A good deal if you need the Apple dock or cable adapter though.
You may purchase your Apple Composite AV cable or Apple Universal Dock both MSRP$49 from Any Apple Retail or online Store.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

How about a scale shot?
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Bought one of these for my work, BenQ had a $100 off BF sale going.

Its a little guy that is for sure. Less than a 1/4 the footprint of the one its replacing.

Of course I had to take it home to learn how to set it up and "test" it :mrgreen:

Couldn't locate my tripod, I put up so the kids wouldn't play with it, so its just setting on the table about ~6-7 feet from the wall.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson