CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 3000 System Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

With the launch of Intel Lynnfield, CyberPower has geared up to bring high performance gaming to a lower price point. Powered by a GTX 295 and overclocked CPU and memory, this Core i7-860 powered gaming machine has more than enough muscle to blaze through games of today and tomorrow.

Back in November we had our first taste of a pre-built computer from CyberPower, the Gamer Infinity GTX. It featured the new Intel Core i7 965 processor and cost a cool $4000. With today’s launch of Intel’s Lynnfield processor, CyberPower was gracious enough to send us one of their upcoming systems based on the new LGA 1156 platform, the Gamer Xtreme 3000. Packed with an overclocked Intel Core i7 860 processor and an EVGA GTX 295 video card, this system is sure to rock and it costs just $1599.99!
Article Title: CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 3000 System Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1063/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
paco
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 3000 System Review

Post by paco »

Hello, I just finished reading your great review!

Just one thing, I went to checkout cyberpower's site but I could not configure it for the same price that you have here $1599.

Also I didn't see the Thermaltake 600W as an option or the Gigabyte P55-UD6 Motherboard only the UD5 as an option

So I configured it as closely as I could and it still came out to over $100 more than what you have on your site and I went for the less expensive options like the UD5 and a Generic 700W. I can only assume if they did have the 600W Thermaltake and the UD6 it would bring the price up more.

* *BASE_PRICE: [+965]
* BUNDLE: None
* BLUETOOTH: None
* CD: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)
* CD2: NONE
* CAS: AZZA Solano 1000 Full-Tower Advance Cooling Case w/ Dual 230mm Fan + Extra 3 Fans [+28]
* CASUPGRADE: NONE
* CS_FAN: Default case fans
* CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-860 2.80 GHz 8M L2 Cache LGA1156
* FAN: CoolerMaster V8 Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Extreme Silent Operation at only 22dBA + Overclock Proof) [+58]
* FREEBIE_RM: None
* FA_HDD: None
* FLASHMEDIA: None
* FLOPPY: NONE
* FREEBIE_OS: None
* HDD: Single Hard Drive (1.5TB (1.5TBx1) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+56])
* HDD2: NONE
* IEEE_CARD: NONE
* KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
* MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
* MODEM: NONE
* MULTIVIEW: Non-SLI/Non-CrossFireX Mode Supports Multiple Monitors
* MONITOR: NONE
* MONITOR2: NONE
* MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX/SLI] GigaByte GA-P55-UD5 Intel P55 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, Dual GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 3 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [+99]
* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [+27] (Kingston HyperX (All Venom OC Levels Certified) [+15])
* NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
* OVERCLOCK: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more) [+49]
* OS: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium w/ Service Pack 1 (64-bit Edition)
* OS_UPGRADE: None
* POWERSUPPLY: 700 Watts Power Supplies (SLI/CrossFire Ready Power Supply)
* PRINTER: None
* PRINTER_CABLE: None
* RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 5~10 BUSINESS DAYS
* SOFT: Free 60 Days Microsoft® Office® 2007 (Words, Excel, Access, Power Point, Outlook + More) - Windows Vista™ Required
* SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
* SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
* SPEAKERS: None
* TEMP: NONE
* TVRC: None
* USB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
* USBHD: NONE
* VIDEOCAMERA: NONE
* VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX295 1.7GB 16X PCIe Video Card [+406] (EVGA Powered by NVIDIA [+5])
* VIDEO2: None
* VIDEO3: None
* VC_GAMES: None
* WNC: NONE
* _PRICE: (+1708)
* _view_: detail

Maybe I did something wrong but I can't configure it for the same price that you guys have on your website.
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 3000 System Review

Post by Bwall »

You aren't the only one seeing this problem! I tried to configure it also but was unable to. We have an email out to CyberPower to find out what's going on.