Cooler Master Storm Sniper Computer Case Goes Black

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cooler Master Storm Sniper Computer Case Goes Black

Post by Apoptosis »

CM Storm Sniper Goes Black

The Award King Returns
sniper_black.jpg
sniper_black.jpg (21.17 KiB) Viewed 3627 times
Taipei, Taiwan, October, 2009 – The world’s first true gaming chassis just got better. Developed in cooperation with the very best eSports professionals, the CM Storm Sniper offers an unprecedented focus on the unique needs of gamers, and comes packed with innovative solutions for the gamer lifestyle. Now, the Sniper returns fully loaded with Storm Tactics™ to provide more strength, security and control than ever before.

Launched in late 2008, the original CM Storm Sniper chassis quickly received worldwide acclaim from the global technology and gaming press. While the Sniper has been enjoying rave reviews around the world bringing in over 60 awards from the media, the CM Storm Labs have been working full steam on improving the Sniper even further.

The new and improved Sniper Black Edition includes all the features and functionality of the original Sniper, and raises the bar by including an all-black interior coating, full 2.5” SSD support and three huge Storm Force 200mm 142CFM fans! Coupled with the features that gamers have learned to love, such as reinforced carrying handles, fan and light controls, and the patented StormGuard™ security solution, the Sniper Black Edition is better than ever.

The new Sniper Black Edition is immediately available in retail and online channels. The Sniper Black Edition is available in three different versions: Mesh, Window and AMD Dragon Platform Edition in selected markets.
Version Original Black Mesh Black Window Black AMD
Model Number SGC-6000-KKN1-GP SGC-6000-KXN1-GP SGC-6000-KWN1-GP SGC-6000-KWS1-GP
Side Panel Mesh Mesh Acrylic Window AMD Dragon Window
200mm Fans 2 x Blue LED 3 x Blue LED Storm Force 200 142CFM 2 x Blue LED Storm Force 200 142CFM 2 x Red LED Storm Force 200 142CFM
Inside coating ¬¬No Black Black Black
2.5” Support No Yes Yes Yes
Availabile Worldwide No Selected Markets Limited Edition
Sniper accessories include window side panel (SGC-6000-SP01-GP), and Force 200 fans in blue (R4-LUS-10AB-GP) or red(R4-LUS-10AR-GP) are also available.
For more information about CM Storm, please visit our official website: http://www.cmstorm.com

About CM STORM

Owning the PC trenches for almost two decades, Cooler Master’s veterans have united with a new generation of eSport athletes and engineers to develop truly ground- breaking, gaming grade hardware for the global gaming revolution.

Through long-standing research programs, CM Storm is co-developed with the world’s most prolific enthusiasts and eSport prodigies. Thanks to intensive testing and continuous feedback, the CM Storm division has been able to encompass and improve upon gamers’ needs and their tough to handle scenarios.

By working directly with the gaming community we have injected our Storm Tactics into each and every product we make. Storm Tactics, with a heavily dedicated focus on Strength, Security and Control, will keep your most vital gear fortified and well tuned at all times.

CM Storm – Arming the Gaming Revolution
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
jebo_4jc
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Cooler Master Storm Sniper Computer Case Goes Black

Post by jebo_4jc »

yet another enthusiast case with only 7 expansion slots

With SLI and crossfire going the way they're going, we need 8 expansion slots in case we hang a dual slot card off the end of our mobo. It would add nominal cost, and would open the door to more users. Seems like a no brainer to me.
](*,)

That's why I'll be spending my money on one of LianLi's Lancool cases with 8 expansion slots TYVM
Skippman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Skippman »

jebo_4jc wrote:yet another enthusiast case with only 7 expansion slots

With SLI and crossfire going the way they're going, we need 8 expansion slots in case we hang a dual slot card off the end of our mobo. It would add nominal cost, and would open the door to more users. Seems like a no brainer to me.
](*,)

That's why I'll be spending my money on one of LianLi's Lancool cases with 8 expansion slots TYVM
Why the LianLi over the Corsair? Just style preference?
jebo_4jc
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by jebo_4jc »

Skippman wrote:
jebo_4jc wrote:yet another enthusiast case with only 7 expansion slots

](*,)

Why the LianLi over the Corsair? Just style preference?
It's a price thing....I haven't even seriously looked at the Corsair Obsidian at $300.

The LianLi's I'm looking at are $75 and (only if I really feel rich) $120

I am a little curious if I can manage to properly aircool a 4ghz i7 and three gtx275s in one of these, but for 1/3 the price I'll accept the challenge.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

if it's anything like my HAF..then no it won't do 3 275's(unless they're water cooled)...mainly because there is no room between the last expansion slot and the PSU(if it's a bottom mounted PSU)..
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro