IDF 2005: Enthusiast Memory Update

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!

Whose Demo Case is Better?

Corsair Memory
79%
Kingston Technology
21%

Total votes: 14

Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

IDF 2005: Enthusiast Memory Update

Post by Apoptosis »

Last week we got to stop by the booths of the two leading North American enthusiast companies and take a look at the product lines. We got to look at Kingston's enginerring samples of DDR2 800MHz ValueRAM and take some Corsair XPERT modules out for a test drive.

http://legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=236

Take a look at the cases below and let us know which display system you like better.

Kingston's Self-Made Lubic Case:

Corsair's Ordered Case:
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Oh man, that's not even a contest. I like Corsair's case much better! The Kingston "case" is unique and interesting, but overall, Corsair's case is much more classy. I guess it's just my personal preference on what a nice case should look like. Some people like the "messy" "crazy" look while others (me) prefer a cleaner, more sophisticated/functional type case.
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

Corsair's Case!! It has a touch of class... As gvblake22 said, The kingston one looks great but Corsair's has style..

If you look @ kingstons, It looks like they just built the frame and stuck in a mobo with an Asustek waterchill system.. Mayby they only had a couple of guys making it on their lunch.. Now if they put it under a bonnet and gave it some side panels.. looks like revision 0.9 (unfinnished)

Corsair's looks like they had a R&D dept working on it, a whole assembly team and it's revision 1.2.

Mayby since Corsiar is so big they could afford to..
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

kenc51 wrote:Mayby since Corsiar is so big they could afford to..
True, but Kingston is just as big so there is no excuse. I think that one case with the Kingston Logo as a window on the side panel was much better than that little truck thing :roll:
GlitterKill
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by GlitterKill »

Thanks for the great positive feedback so far. If you're interested I have a worklog for this case over here that you can check out: http://forums.pimprig.com/showthread.php?t=49298
Louman
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Reply from the Truck Builder

Post by Louman »

Actually I had more like one day to build it. No excuses though, it is the 0.9 version and I will finish it with panels as well as a dry ice bin to run the hose through. Thanks for the advice. I'll send pics when I'm done.
Any other suggestions are welcome.
Main objective was to show our memory in an eye catching case that would get people in our booth.

Keep going Nate! Your site always has good stuff
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I first saw the Corsair case in a thread over at [H]ard OCP.............. :shock: Super work.... 8)
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

GlitterKill wrote:Thanks for the great positive feedback so far. If you're interested I have a worklog for this case over here that you can check out: http://forums.pimprig.com/showthread.php?t=49298
AWESOME, thanks for the link! I really like what you did with the mirrors, very creative!!!
cadaveca
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by cadaveca »

i gotta say, out of the two cases i want the Corsair one the most. Can i have it? :lol:
- Intel E6600 @ 3.33ghz -AIR - Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 @ 5-5-5-15 555.5mhz - X1900CF, X1900XTX 774/774 - Ageia PhysX P1 -
AMD X2 4400+ @ 2.64ghz Stock AIR-Cooled - Mushkin XP4000 REDLINE 2GB X1800XL