Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme CPU Waterblock Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Swiftech APOGEE XT Extreme Duty Waterblock - Optimized for Intel Core i5 and Core i7 cooling but will also yield world class performance on all other processors. The Apogee XT cooling engine combines the benefits of direct coolant impingement over the CPU area with a copper base plate characterized by a pin matrix composed of 225 um (0.009") micro structures. What does that mean? Read on to find out!

The Swiftech APOGEE XT Extreme Duty Waterblock - Optimized for Intel Core i5 and Core i7 cooling but will also yield world class performance on all other processors. The Apogee XT cooling engine combines the benefits of direct coolant impingement over the CPU area with a copper base plate characterized by a pin matrix composed of 225 um (0.009") micro structures. What doe that mean? Well it means the all copper base has a lot of cooling potential!
Article Title: Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme CPU Waterblock Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1160/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $78.99 plus shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
stev
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Swiftech Apogee XT Extreme CPU Waterblock Review

Post by stev »

Great write up. :)

Swiftech breaks into true micro-channel (pin) technology that reflects the OEM water blocks. That's real performance.

I would love to see a 3/8" fitting version of this block.
AMD X2 TK-57 1.90Ghz | F700 Quanta | PC2-5300 DDR2 2Gb | GeForce 7000M | DVDRAM GSA-T40N | HP LaserJet 1018
My Stats http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ ... =&u=303718
http://www.eff.org - Electronic Frontier Foundation - working to protect your digital rights
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by FeRaL »

Nice review Nate. I've been looking into this block and found out that it is incompatible with several of Gigabyte's boards. CrazyPC is looking into it for me to see if it is compatible with the new GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD7 LGA 1366 Intel X58 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. Something about Gigabyte not following Intel's instructions on capacitor height/clearance around the socket. I'll post something as soon as I find out.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Thank Shane... I just got the parts in for him to benchmark ;)

As for Gigabyte... Yes. they did go a bit nuts with the board design and is the only board company that I know that ignored Intel's specs for the CPU socket.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I got the idea in my head I wanted to try full on water cooling. Mentioned it to Nate one day and he fired back "well, since you mentioned it, someone wants us..." next thing you know I have a water block to review. I ordered up the rest of the loop and I have had the sickness since. :mrgreen:

This is my 3rd not kit type block, 2nd in a custom loop. Out of all the ones I have looked at, Swiftech's fit and finish is the best.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson