SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Memory Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

In June of 2009 SanDisk announced that they were coming out with the 32GB Extreme SDHC card, the world’s fastest 32 gigabyte SDHC card on the market. The 32GB Extreme SDHC card features Class 10 performance, up to 30 megabytes per second (MB/s) read and write speeds. Read on to see what we think of this SDHC memory card!

The 32GB SanDisk Extreme SDHC cards are very impressive to say the least. These are the highest capacity versions of SanDisk’s fastest SDHC cards, with read and write speeds up to 30MB per second. They’re ideal for use in the new breed of digital SLR cameras that record HD video, such as the Nikon D90 and D5000. The high performance of SanDisk Extreme SDHC cards help users capture fast-action images like the pros when using continuous burst mode, along with more rapid offloading of images and videos from the cards to computer. The SDHC card format also works on a variety of devices, such as digital picture frames, netbooks, and the new MacBook Pros and iMacs, for easy transfer and sharing of images, video and other digital files. You can never have too much memory, so if you are going all out on your camera body then a memory card like the 32GB SanDisk Extreme should be an easy choice.
Article Title: SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Memory Card Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1172/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $249.73 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sowser
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: SanDisk 32GB Extreme SDHC Memory Card Review

Post by Sowser »

My first digital camera was a Nikon Coolpix 950 and the 64mb Kingston memory card I bought for it cost the same as this one!
Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
haaaam
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by haaaam »

I know a few photographers who shoot in RAW and swear that no sd card has ever been able to compete with a compact flash card. Additionally no one ever seems to go larger than 8gis because of slower write performance in combination with complete corruption of the cards. Anyone had any positive experiences with larger flash memory cards that they'd be willing to recommend?
eva2000
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by eva2000 »

Sweet SDHCs these, i got the 16GB version 30MB/s for my Pentax K-7 DSLR.

Pentax K-7 is a 14.6MP DSLR camera and I shoot in DNG Raw format all the time, so files sizes are between 15-20MB per photo. 8GB Sandisk Extreme III 20MB/s SDHC stores around 323 DNG Raws with continuous shooting (Hi) mode for DNG Raw, I can shoot off 11-13 photos before the buffer is full. Now with 16GB Sandisk Extreme III 30MB/s SDHC it can store around 651 DNG Raws and with continuous shooting (Hi) mode for DNG Raw can shoot off 16-17 photos before buffer is full which is 30-54% faster it seems. HD video on K-7 was fine too although it was fine with my old 8GB Sandisk Extreme III 20MB/s card too!

Very fast indeed :)