Very sad news about Chris Arthington - ChrisRay

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Very sad news about Chris Arthington - ChrisRay

Post by Apoptosis »

I just wanted to give our forum members here at Legit Reviews here a heads up that longtime member of the NVIDIA user group member Chris “ChrisRay” Arthington passed away last week of pneumonia.

He was only 27.

Chris volunteered countless hours of his spare time to helping gamers with their graphics issues on a variety of forums. He provided excellent feedback to the team at NVIDIA, and he was a tireless advocate for improving the experience for NVIDIA users. Chris was a longtime graphics enthusiast, nZone moderator, and frequent contributor on a number of forums including NVnews, SLIzone, EVGA, Rage3D, Anandtech, and others. He loved graphics technology and had a sincere desire to help people by sharing information, trouble-shooting, and reporting issues to NVIDIA. As a member of our user group, he helped us evaluate new hardware and advocated for improvements like advanced anti-aliasing and improved multi-GPU scaling. His Twitter (ChrisRaySLI) bio states: “Goal: Help all Nvidia users by improving their experience with Nvidia hardware.” He did that in a big way.

The graphics community and the team at NVIDIA have lost a great friend and a tireless advocate, and he’ll be sorely missed

NVIDIA worked with Mike Chambers at NVNews.net to set up a memorial page for Chris here: http://www.nvnews.net/articles/chris_ra ... ndex.shtml

NVIDIA also posted news about this on our corporate blog: http://blogs.nvidia.com/nTersect/

If you wish to help, we encourage you to visit the memorial page and make a donation to benefit Chris’s mother, who relied on him for support. You can also post thoughts and reflections on Chris here: http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=144339

Chris Arthington with friends at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, January 11, 2010.
chris_arthington_2.jpg
chris_arthington_2.jpg (149.88 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
From left to right, Nathan Kirsch of Legit Reviews, Daniela Kustre and Theo Valich of Bright Side of News, Chris, and Ken Brown of NVIDIA.

I only got to meet Chris in person for the first time during CES 2010 and he was a great guy. Brian Wallace and I here from Legit Reviews got a chance to spend Jan 11th with Chris and had a blast with him out on the town till the early hours of the morning. It's sad to think that I might have handed him his last Corona when I bought a round of four beers for the gang towards the end of the night. I left Vegas with a new friend and am sad to see his life come to an end due to pneumonia at the age of 27. He was younger than I am. Life isn't fair. Please live life to the fullest. If he helped you on the forums, was someone you knew or just have a few spare bucks please donate to his fund.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Re: Very sad news about Chris Arthington - ChrisRay

Post by FZ1 »

RIP Chris. Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends. [-o<
Joe
Bwall
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bwall »

Chris was a great guy and it was a lot of fun hanging out with him in Vegas. :partyman: He will be missed by many.
It's also another reminder that life is short, enjoy it every chance you can.
Dragon_Cooler
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Dragon_Cooler »

My condolences go out to his friends and family! Its always tough.