ASRock A330ION Mini-ITX Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ASRock's foray into nVidia's ION platform, the A330ION Mini-ITX motherboard aims to compete with other small form factor ION boards by offering 4 SATA ports, PCIe x16 slot, and, most importantly, support for DDR3 RAM. In this review, we look at the A330ION and see what edge, if any, it has over the competition.

In this review, we've looked at the ASRock A330ION from head to toe, reviewing the hardware trifecta of NVIDIA's ION graphics chipset, Intel's dual core Atom 330 processor, and ASRock's integration of DDR3. Providing outputs for high definition audio, DVI, VGA, HDMI, gigabit ethernet, eSATA, and so forth, the ASRock A330ION proves it is willing to be friends with whatever components you have lying on your desk, which is to say it's capable of being as well-connected as a Washington DC socialite. While the I/O for the ASRock A330ION isn't exactly as media oriented as the Zotac IONITX-A-U we've been comparing it against, the A330ION sports four internal SATA ports as well as the 2 eSATA ports on the back panel, shifting the ASRock A330ION Mini-ITX motherboard into a very fine position for network storage computers without sacrificing much in the way of media interfaces.
Article Title: ASRock A330ION Mini-ITX Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1213/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASRock A330ION Mini-ITX Motherboard Review

Post by gwolfman »

Hmmm, I think the newest atom platform from Intel does everything better here except for games. In particular, bitstreaming HD audio to my receiver. :)
EnTomBet
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by EnTomBet »

Hi,
can you test performance with additional PCIe graphic card? One of the most unique feature of this mobo is PCIe slot, I think.
Epyon
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Epyon »

Could you please post the settings from the overclocking tool for 2Ghz? I cant go above the frequency 159 without crashing.. also adjusted some voltages but always crash. So please be so kind and post your settings. Thanks in advance
Epyon