NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan Micro-ATX Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at a brand new micro-ATX case in NZXT’s crafted series, the Vulcan. The Vulcan is a mATX case intended for enthusiasts and is said to be 40% smaller than the traditional ATX full tower, yet can still accommodate a full length video card and up to a 6.5" tall CPU cooler. Join us as we take a look at this new mighty mini wonder that is ideal for LAN gamers on the go!

The Vulcan is one small case, but you can put some big parts in it, and at the $69.99 price point is very affordable for an enthusiast case. LAN party goers may like this case for the fact it can accommodate large video cards like the ATI Radeon HD 5970 and its handy dandy carrying handle.
Article Title: NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan Micro-ATX Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1295/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $69.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Parelem
Legit User
Legit User

Re: NZXT Crafted Series Vulcan Micro-ATX Case Review

Post by Parelem »

i really like the internals of nzxt cases, but i really can't get over the funky front bezels they have. too busy for my taste, otherwise nice cases for the price.
djpinc19
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by djpinc19 »

my first impression was a cat carrier; all meshed up
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I think if they just designed it to be 1 inch higher and longer, and have that 1inch of clearance with a 5970 it would have been a much better case, and I would of seriously considered it for my new build this fall. But seeing that photo with the card and cages touching, that just screams NO NO to me.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

It is a little weird to look at, I will agree with that.

The plastic they have under the cage is hard and I dont see the card waring through it. Transportation vibration is what I would be iffy on.

Like you said, an extra inch (hell even 1/4") would have wiped away a lot of peoples concerns about the card touching.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Vectrexer
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Vectrexer »

With the huge are around the top fan shroud I would have like to see a permanently mounted carry handle that is on swivel. that way the handle could stay on the case all of the time but not be in the way.

Judging by the hardware included in my other four NZXT Beta EVO cases I would think some washers are needed as well for the screws that attached the carry handle.

An alternative nicety for the handle would be to have a quick disconnect handle to clean up the appearnace when the case is at home for a while.