Patriot Inferno 100GB SandForce SF-1200 SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Patriot Inferno 100GB SandForce SF-1200 SSD Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Patriot has been busy working on releasing their line of Inferno SSDs which features the very capable SandForce SF-1200 controller. They join a growing list of manufactures to release drives based on this controller which has been very successful in terms of sales and performance. We expect to see the Inferno to be among the top drives we have tested.

While the performance of the Patriot Inferno 100GB SSD is nothing we haven't seen from other drives featuring the same SandForce SF-1200 series controller, the inclusion of the adapter plate and generous five year warranty do help make the Patriot Inferno a compelling choice among its competitors. Those that like PC bling will also appreciate its unique styling which definitely makes it stand out in a windowed chassis...
Article Title: Patriot Inferno 100GB SandForce SF-1200 SSD Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1377/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $294 Shipped After Rebate
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Patriot Inferno 100GB SandForce SF-1200 SSD Review

Post by Major_A »

As always thank you for the real world tests. Too many sites go through the motions and throw their battery of benchmarks without every examining how the drive will work day-to-day.

Side note: I see the word Inferno and John Travolta on a white suit pops into my head. Damnit, now Night Fever is in there.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Major_A wrote:Side note: I see the word Inferno and John Travolta on a white suit pops into my head. Damnit, now Night Fever is in there.
LOL...funny how our minds connects things. I actually mentioned in the Corsair Nova review that the Nova name reminded me of the chick from Planet of the Apes.
Joe
jnanster
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by jnanster »

I wonder if the extra $50 for the Revo is worth it
and I wonder
if the Revo would benefit from extra cooling being on the board (and longer life).
ga-z77-dh3 (great & cheap O/C'er from Gigabyte)
i2600k/16 gigs Kingson 1600 (OC'ed to 4.5Ghz)
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 + (lapped, smok'in deal, 38C idle, 65C loaded)
MSI GTX 660ti Power Edition
Antec 900 case (quiet)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

SSD's don't get that hot to be honest. Even when running a data transfer for hours without a break they are just warm to the touch and the metal housing acts as a heatsink.

Have you heard of any issues with SSDs and cooling or any that need cooling? I haven't, so I am highly interested if you have.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
cheffner
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by cheffner »

General question for all SSD drives. I have seen many of the test for SSD drives being shown in the RAID 0 setup to show even faster reads and writes. With this configuration you lose the ability for TRIM support so what do you do instead if you run RAID 0?

Is there some other utility or RAID support to replace TRIM in a RAID 0 configuration?

Thanks in advance.