GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G Motherboard Review

Post by Apoptosis »

GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD Motherboard Review

The GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H is a micro-ATX motherboard that has some great features thanks to the AMD 880GM chipset. Priced as a sub-$100 motherboard should we get our hopes up for the great performance we have come to expect from GIGABYTE, or is it just a low price point filler? Read on to find out as we test the board with an AMD Socket AM3 multi-core processors (the six core 1055T) and check out the boards overclocking capabilities and power consumption.

All in all I have to say that I am very impressed with the GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H motherboard. Throughout the testing it never complained or crashed, and was competing near the top of the charts with the much more expensive boards like the ASUS Crosshair IV Formula. I suppose I should expect nothing less from a company like GIGABYTE, though it is still surprising how well it did! This is the type of performance I have come to expect from GIGABYTE!
Article Title: GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1387/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $99.99 shipped w/o rebates or incentives
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: GIGABYTE 880GMA-UD2H AMD 880G Motherboard Review

Post by Kaos Kid »

Nice Board! I have the Giga-MA785GMT-UD2H in my HTPC and it has had no problems at all. This being a mATX board is cool too because it packs a lot of punch in a small footprint. This could be a good base for a budget build since it should unlock cores on the PhenomII x2s but still be ready for the Thubans should you get more money or the prices go down. Thanks for the in-depth review Dan!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
LPHeadstrong
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by LPHeadstrong »

This is probably a stupid question now so bare with! Does this come with an audio/graphics card on-board? I want to build my own PC but because it's a first I don't wanna make a balls of it!
Cheers
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

LPHeadstrong wrote:This is probably a stupid question now so bare with! Does this come with an audio/graphics card on-board? I want to build my own PC but because it's a first I don't wanna make a balls of it!
Cheers
Yes the board comes with both onboard.