Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Water Cooling Kit Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The recently released Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU water cooling kit is now the flagship water cooler from Corsair. The H70 looks like an H50 on steroids and it looks like the H70 is going to be a much better performer than the H50. Join us as we put the H70 through the paces on our Intel Core i7 LGA1366 test system and see just how much Corsair has improved its water cooler.

Article Title: Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Water Cooling Kit Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1395/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $102.96 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FeRaL
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Hydro Series H70 CPU Water Cooling Kit Review

Post by FeRaL »

Is it just me or did Corsair kind of shoot themselves in the foot by creating the A70 that performs better than their H70?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Remember that cases play a factor in cooler performance. The Ultra case that Shane is using for testing is certainly playing a roll when it comes to performance as it's not getting as much airflow as high-end cases would be.
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

yup. The case was a big part in this. I'm still playing with the H70.

I still feel the H70 is better then the A70, especially at the higher OC. It shows how well it does work, there is a 4 degree gap running at 3.8Ghz. In a case with better flow I would only think it would get better.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

Form Factor plays a part too. I like how the water coolers do not cramp the Ram Slots like the large air coolers do. I also never felt right about the weight of the air coolers and putting that on top of a mobo.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Sttm wrote:I also never felt right about the weight of the air coolers and putting that on top of a mobo.
This is also one of the reasons that many system builders use kits like this as they have less damage shipping systems around the country and world with all the weight hanging off the case and not the motherboard.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I like that the review is done with a limited case, its a better representative of how it will work in cramped and low-flow cases. I've got one monster case that air-cooling works just fine in, but my others (including an UltraCube for my HTPC) I want big performance with a small footprint.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Sttm wrote:I also never felt right about the weight of the air coolers and putting that on top of a mobo.
What, you mean like this behemoth?
http://www.xbitlabs.com/misc/picture/?s ... ig.jpg&1=1
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

Yep! I dont know if I need my cooler big and heavy enough to bludgeon people to death with.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
rrplay
Legit Enthusiast
Legit Enthusiast

Post by rrplay »

I had recommended and installed the H70 in a friend's pc because of this review & also 'ditto
especially since he transported his pc to me in his pickup truck 'a couple of nasty potholes,RR tracks' & he's possibly a new mobo candidate.