What's Better Marines or Seals

A place to rant about politics, life, or just anything you damn well feel like telling others.
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

Hmm...yes I say we wage war. Cruise missiles, F-22's, B-2's, Navy SEALs, APC's, M-1A1's you name it. Since you don't know if its a she-bear or a he-bear, well lets says its a guy... only takes 5 pounds of force to rip their balls off 8)

Seriously though, I would raise holy hell until I got my money back :)

Oh and not to get off topic but what's better, Navy SEALs or Marines?
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Apples and oranges. Comparing Marines to Seals, different mission different folks. Seals are the elite of the elite (thius, coming from an army spec ops guy).You see alot of Marines in SEAL school trying to get their Trident. I would put SEALS tied at #1 on the list with Delta, only because of the class sizes and the attrition rates, I do believe anyone can attend SEAL school, you have to be selected and screened before attending the Delta course. Then as far as being a SEAL, different teams have different missions, same as any unit.
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

I heard (from a Marine) that SEALs are wussies compared to Marines, and Marines train harder and have a longer Hell Week??? Truth?
kalmark
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by kalmark »

I think someone else heard the same about Marines from a SEAL ;)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

well let's see here... If I was on the other side and had to pick a Marine or Seal to fight against I'd pick neither. You're pretty screwed against either one. All are top notch in my book.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Of course a marine is going to tell you they have it harder, marines aren't very smart. Ever watch Discovery Channel? They have a special on every once in awhile about SEAL School, which is one of the toughest schools in the military. If you want to talk about the toughest week, from personal experience I'd put Spec Ops SERE school as the toughest. CNN did a special on it a couple months back. I graduated in 93. There was a one week period where I didn't eat for 7 days and didn't sleep for 5 days, broke two fingers in a interrogation, got trench foot, and after day three we all started hallucinating. Worst week of my life, but after it was over you really learned alot about yourself.
We used to have a joke, in combat, how do you make a fighting position? Pile two marines in front, and two to each side.
Bio-Hazard
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Bio-Hazard »

I'd have to agree that the Seals are about as good as you get....mainly for the training...........but don't tell my big brother I said that...........he's 15 year Marine Recon.............. :shock: All the special ops units are great at what they are trained to do, you can't put any of them down. During my 20 years in the Army, I hauled all of them at one time or another...........Props to all of them and all the US services men and wemen that servie our country. They all have a job to do, be it Seal Recon or whatever, it's all for the better good of our country. The next time you bad mouth someone in our government or bitch about something that pisses you off about what they are doing, just remember all the people in the armed services, alive and dead, that fought and sometimes died to give you the right to run off at the mouth.......... 8)

I'm not ranting about anyone, just giving you all MHO.
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

Oh I never talk bad bout the military, they are my heroes :) I might go into the Marines but I don't know yet. I think everyone against Bush and against the war need to be shot
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

A10Pilot3 wrote:... only takes 5 pounds of force to rip their balls off 8)
I don't want to know how many tests it took to determine that :shock:
T-Shirt
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by T-Shirt »

A10Pilot3 wrote:Oh I never talk bad bout the military, they are my heroes :) I might go into the Marines but I don't know yet. I think everyone against Bush and against the war need to be shot
There , I must disagree. If you don't have the right of free expression, what freedoms do you have?
I strongly disagree with the Bush administration in there pursuit and planning of this war.
At the same time I have great admiration for the incredible job the troops are doing under nearly impossible conditions.
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

T-Shirt wrote:
A10Pilot3 wrote:Oh I never talk bad bout the military, they are my heroes :) I might go into the Marines but I don't know yet. I think everyone against Bush and against the war need to be shot
There , I must disagree. If you don't have the right of free expression, what freedoms do you have?
I strongly disagree with the Bush administration in there pursuit and planning of this war.
At the same time I have great admiration for the incredible job the troops are doing under nearly impossible conditions.
What I mean is people that say "well we didn't find WMD, that was the only reason we went to Iraq", there are more Iraqis that are glad we are there then there are Iraqis against us. The media covers one side of the story, not about the Iraqis who warn Americans of attacks and other good Iraqis. I think the army should acctually recruit media people so that they get the full story. We went there to liberate them.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

Preach on brother Bio. Force recon isn't too shabby either, but all in all, SEALS probably have the toughest assesment and selection process.
As far as everyday Joes, I agree that marine basic is the hardest, the army system has become a joke.
As to the government, I think alot of our problem is the media, I don't think they are unbiased, and for all the screaming they do about accountability and integrity, no one is checking them. More than a few stories have proven to be fabrications, yet people always take the media at its word, never question them, and foremulate their opinions on what journalists write.
I too support our President, I think he was given bad intel by a moronic group at the CIA and NSA, yet that is the price of being a leader. I also think that alot of people, including John Kerrey have questionable motives, as they are putting their own personal gain above what is best for our country.
I believe in my heart that Iraq was supporting terrorism, Abu Nidal was killed in his Baghdad apt by the Mossad (now those are bad dudes), and as much as Saddam hated America, it isn't hard for me to see him doing anything he could to cause us ill.
I think this whole mess is going to blow up into a world war between the Christians and the Muslims, even though 99% just want to live in peace. I think it has gone too far and there is no going back, and what we do now directly influences whether we survive as a world super power or not, the only ones benefitting out of all of this are the Chinese, every day they become stronger and more influential in the world.
Sorry for the rant
A10Pilot3
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by A10Pilot3 »

I agree 100%.

Bush gets blamed for every bad thing that happens, and no credit for the good. Even though most stuff isnt really his problem, like the economy, it goes \/\/\/\/ and right now its just starting to go up.

I think SEALs are better and I've always thought they were better, but my brother is trying to convince me that once they get on land they suck.
LVCapo
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by LVCapo »

LOLOL, I'm sure your brotther is looking out for your best interest. Two years ago I felt things were escelating to this point, and that conflct was soon to erupt. I talked my 17 yr old brother out of a combat arms job and really pushed him to computer tech job in the Navy, he was mad at the time, but now he is doing very well, has great prospects and recently married. He is serving his country proudly.
My younger brother just finished a deployment to Afghanistan, where he flew for TF 160, he was just assigned to Ft Rucker as an instructor pilot. My older brother just returned from Iraq, and is having a real hard time with things.
Whatever you do, do what is best for you, do what makes you happy, but don't just look at the short term, look at what it will do for your futrue. Learn from me, I always took the hard road, thought I had something to prove, if there was something that sounded hard or dangerous i was the first in line saying "yes please", 7 yrs later all it got me was a broken down body and spirit and no future.
Good luck in whatever you decide and god bless.