NZXT Premium Sleeved Power Supply Cable Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Sometimes the inside of your case is so ugly that it just needs a makeover. Why try to look through a tangle of knotted wires when you can hook yourself up with some of NZXT's new Premium Cables? Then, everyone can take a look at the inside of your "killer" case and see nothing but sexy individually sleeved cables!

So what exactly are the NZXT Premium cables for? They are for the computer user who is very particular about the way the interior of their computer looks. Let's say, for instance, that you don't have a power supply that has all of its wires sleeved by the manufacturer and you don't want the inside of your case to look like a plate of red, yellow and black pasta. All you need to do is hide the red, yellow, and black wires somewhere in the case and attach the NZXT Premium cables to the ends that you would normally connect to your devices and connect the other end of the premium Cables to your devices. That way the colored wires are out of sight and the Black, Red, or White sleeved wires of the Premium Cable is all you see now.
Article Title: NZXT Premium Sleeved Power Supply Cable Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1423/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
JGarcia
Legit User
Legit User

Re: NZXT Premium Sleeved Power Supply Cable Review

Post by JGarcia »

Hi. I have been lurking around this site for a while now. You guys do some great reviews! I decided to sign up cause this is the first time you reviewed a product i actually own. I have a few pros and cons for this item. Pro: They give you that great custom look without all of the work. Con: The cables are folded and tie wrapped in the packaging for so long that the get this permanent bend to them. I assumed it would just eventually straighten out but im here to tell you two months later it hasn't. I was able to make it work in my 800D but i also ordered them for my Antec 902 and was unable to get it to look nice. Maybe there is a trick im unaware of? I have the Power, MoBo, Sata, and PCI cables.

gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Makes your case look beautiful, thanks for the post!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Welcome to the forums! We've reviewed a few of the products you own... The GPU, Case and CPU Cooler in your system have been reviewed here :)

I'll ping NZXT about the bend in the cables
Follow Me on Twitter!
JGarcia
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JGarcia »

Apoptosis wrote:Welcome to the forums! We've reviewed a few of the products you own... The GPU, Case and CPU Cooler in your system have been reviewed here :)

I'll ping NZXT about the bend in the cables

I guess i should have been more clear. This is the first time i have seen something i felt should be addressed. Still think you guys do some of the best reviews around. The pics are what do it for me :prayer:
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

BTW, NZXT said they'd swap out your cable with a new one if you can't flatten it out!

For what it is worth... I talked with Brian who wrote the review and he said that he was able to flatten his out just fine, but it took about 30 minutes. NZXT also said they haven't had any complaints about bent cables from the way they were shipped.
Follow Me on Twitter!
JGarcia
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JGarcia »

Apoptosis wrote:BTW, NZXT said they'd swap out your cable with a new one if you can't flatten it out!

For what it is worth... I talked with Brian who wrote the review and he said that he was able to flatten his out just fine, but it took about 30 minutes. NZXT also said they haven't had any complaints about bent cables from the way they were shipped.
Maybe im just being overly critical. The price is great for this level of customization. I am actually about to order my 2nd set of them in red. 8)
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

I really like these. They look great. And to get the 24 pin extension to bend the other way, just slowly roll each individual wire the direction you want it to go until it is bent in that direction. You can see mine in the pics in the review. It takes a while to do, but is well worth the work because it makes it look good.
JGarcia
Legit User
Legit User

Post by JGarcia »

Small update. I did as mentioned and bent each wire individually and volia the desired effect was reached. I even liked them so much i decided i wanted some red ones.

BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

JGarcia wrote:Small update. I did as mentioned and bent each wire individually and volia the desired effect was reached. I even liked them so much i decided i wanted some red ones.
Good to hear.