OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB PCIE SSD Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The second generation of the OCZ RevoDrive, dubbed the RevoDrive X2, arrived for testing and we were giddy with geek fueled excitement to see just how well it performed. Curious? I'll spoil the suspense now and sum it up in one word - WOW. See for the results for yourself in our in-depth review that includes real world benchmark tests!

OCZ has taken the already impressive RevoDrive and kicked it up to a whole new level with the RevoDrive X2. It simply rocks. It's hands-down the fastest SSD we have used and its elegant simplicity in use and installation makes it all the more appealing for users of all levels. The performance numbers put up by the OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB PCIe SSD are insane and part of the reason it can reach such numbers is because of the PCI-E interface. A normal SATA II connection allows a theoretical bandwidth limit of 3Gbps or 375MB/s. The PCI Express interface is necessary to reach the potential of this beast.
Article Title: OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB PCIE SSD Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1460/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
IRQ Conflict
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OCZ RevoDrive X2 240GB PCIE SSD Review

Post by IRQ Conflict »

Nice! Just too bad I can't afford one. I think I'd rather upgrade the graphics card and keep my slow-ass mechanical drives...for now...
-Rampage- Motherboard: Asus Rampage Formula CPU: Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz Cooling: OCZ Vendetta 2 Ram: 4GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500 5-5-5-15 @ 540Mhz Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 320GB/4x 500GB Barracuda 7200.11 Raid 0 Power Supply: PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad Case: Antec P180B Monitor: Syncmaster 245T OS: Vista 64bit
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

What was the particular problem with the MSI board booting from the RevoDrive? Was it not properly tested and booting from add-in cards, was it more specifically the particular Silicon Image controller, the Pci-E to PCI-X bridge, or something specific to the RevoDrive?
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

gwolfman wrote:What was the particular problem with the MSI board booting from the RevoDrive? Was it not properly tested and booting from add-in cards, was it more specifically the particular Silicon Image controller, the Pci-E to PCI-X bridge, or something specific to the RevoDrive?
It was a problem with the motherboard BIOS. The latest beta BIOS has a fix for it. Without it, the card causes the machine to bluescreen.
Joe
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

FZ1 wrote:
gwolfman wrote:What was the particular problem with the MSI board booting from the RevoDrive? Was it not properly tested and booting from add-in cards, was it more specifically the particular Silicon Image controller, the Pci-E to PCI-X bridge, or something specific to the RevoDrive?
It was a problem with the motherboard BIOS. The latest beta BIOS has a fix for it. Without it, the card causes the machine to bluescreen.
I guess I was trying to get at what was wrong with the BIOS, but maybe they didn't share the details. Either way, how weird.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Yeah, they don't share that type of detail.
Joe
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

SWEEEET!

The Bugatti Veyron of drives! Well, maybe in a couple of years I'll be able to afford a used one... =P~
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: