Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 Speaker Kit Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 Speaker Kit Review

Post by Apoptosis »

The recently announced Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system is a new venture for Antec, who is well known for their power supplies and enclosures. The Rockus 3D 2.1 speaker system has a total power rating of 150 Watts and is tuned to deliver amazing stereo quality sound according to the company. Read on to see if this 2.1 speaker system is what you need to take you listening experience to the next level!

No matter what form of media that I used to test the Antec Soundscience Rockus Speakers be it music, movies, games or streaming video, the Rockus speakers were up to the task and they did it very, very well. To say that I was impressed with how they sounded is an understatement. The bass from the sub-woofer was tight and in your face, the mids and the highs were in perfect balance and I do have to say that they gave my Klipsch Promedia speakers a good whipping. Not only was the sound tighter, they actually sounded better than the Klipsch at high volumes. Now, I am not saying that the Rockus speakers dominated, as I did prefer the Klipsch speakers during the movie portion of my testing, but I think the advantage there was that the Klipsch speakers have the THX algorithms built into them and that makes for better and more immersive movie watching to me...
Article Title: Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 Speaker Kit Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1467/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $249.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Antec Soundscience Rockus 3D 2.1 Speaker Kit Review

Post by Kaos Kid »

Appears a bit pricey for only 2.1...if they were 5.1 and THX certified and about 250 watts that would be more in line with the price.
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
smack323
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by smack323 »

I would love to hear these for myself.. I need a new set - $250 seems steep but the review almost has me sold.
Core i5-6500 - Corsair Vengence 16GB DDR4 2133 - MSI 2080Ti - Antec 750W - Crucial 525GB SSD - Windows 10 64bit - ASUS 32" LED
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Yeah, he does have a way with reviews, :)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

Like I mentioned in the review, I too wish they were THX certified because movies were the only area where I felt the Klipsch speakers were a bit better. But if you listen to alot of music, these speakers are really nice. All my friends and family that heard them told me to ditch the Kilpsch speakers and use the Soundscience speakers full time. Yes they are a bit pricey, but worth it in my opinion because these things are built like a brick s!%* house and I am sure they will come down in price for the holiday's... everything does.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

10hz - 20khz

If that little sub can hit that low than I will eat my own head.

Still they look nice, if they were under $100 I might even buy some! :)
ThePopeOfDope
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ThePopeOfDope »

Compared to Razer Mako?
BrianG
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by BrianG »

ThePopeOfDope wrote:Compared to Razer Mako?
I am trying to get a hold of a set of the Razer's so I can give a comparison between the two.