NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI Benchmarking w/ ASUS ENGTX580

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

A couple weeks ago we got an e-mail from ASUS that caught us a bit off guard. ASUS wanted to know if we were interested in a second sample of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 graphics card for SLI based testing. Of course we jumped at the opportunity as we would love to see what a pair of NVIDIA flagship video cards has to over in SLI and we are sure you would love to see the numbers as well. Read on to see how this setup does!

Overclocking performance on the ASUS GeForce GTX 580 greatly exceeded our expectations thanks to the ASUS Smart Doctor overclocking utility. We were able to overclock out card from 782MHz on the GF110 core by 18%, up to 926MHz. We we able to hit this impressive number thanks to the ASUS Voltage Tweak. The only negative to this rather massive overclock was the increased power consumption and GPU temperatures. We saw a 43% power consumption increase in 3DMark Vantage, so if you overclock be sure to understand that you are throwing any energy efficiency out the window. Sure, overclocking isn't about being energy efficient, but going from 358W to 511W peak load is a huge difference. One that you can literally feel in the room after gaming for an hour or two...

Article Title: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI Benchmarking w/ ASUS ENGTX580
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1476/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $524.99 at Newegg
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
INeedAFnSuffix
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI Benchmarking w/ ASUS ENGTX580

Post by INeedAFnSuffix »

Those were the most crazy power usage ever to be seen by ANYBODY .
Those won't be seen on cayman , either ;D
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 SLI Benchmarking w/ ASUS ENGTX580

Post by InspectahACE »

Crazy is how much less power these use than the 480's in SLI. I've seen mine hit up to 850 watts :shock: :oops:
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro