Zalman ZM-F3-FDB & ZM-SF3 120mm Cooling Fan Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It's been almost 5 years since Zalman introduced their old ZM-F3 fan. Today I've had a chance to look at and extensively use their brand new Zalman ZM-SF3 & ZM-F3-FDB Fans. We will now find out if Zalman has produced a suitable successor to their original F series and if it upholds the legacy of their Original F Series fans and the performance and quiet characteristics that those products brought to the market.

Article Title: Zalman ZM-F3-FDB & ZM-SF3 120mm Cooling Fan Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1485/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Re: Zalman ZM-F3-FDB & ZM-SF3 120mm Cooling Fan Review

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

They actually did worse then I expected. Still not bad fans.

BTW axes on pg 5 are backwards. Voltage is always X but is labeled on Y in all charts. :)
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

ckthecerealkiller wrote:They actually did worse then I expected. Still not bad fans.
Well what did you expect from them; it's always good to have feedback I can send to manufacturers. It may be something you see added in the future.
ckthecerealkiller wrote:BTW axes on pg 5 are backwards. Voltage is always X but is labeled on Y in all charts. :)
Do you mean the charts or the graphs?

While both have different axises, it's for interpretive value. If you found it harder to follow that way I'd be glad to change it. Though I tried the different style to help make the charts easier to follow if you're not a graph person.
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

Tator Tot wrote: Well what did you expect from them; it's always good to have feedback I can send to manufacturers. It may be something you see added in the future.
Well I must have misread the static pressure. That over the dB is actually really high. Almost double that of my GELID's.
Tator Tot wrote:Do you mean the charts or the graphs?
While both have different axises, it's for interpretive value. If you found it harder to follow that way I'd be glad to change it. Though I tried the different style to help make the charts easier to follow if you're not a graph person.
Look at the Airflow graph again. It says Voltage on the left is 20 to 75 and the airflow on the bottom is 5v to 12v. The graphs work very well though (I prefer the line graphs to a bar graphs myself).
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

ckthecerealkiller wrote:Look at the Airflow graph again. It says Voltage on the left is 20 to 75 and the airflow on the bottom is 5v to 12v. The graphs work very well though (I prefer the line graphs to a bar graphs myself).
I see what you're saying now.

I'll get right on fixing that, thanks for pointing it out.