Motorola Atrix 4G Smartphone Performance Benchmarks

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

This morning AT&T began selling the Motorola ATRIX and since they are marketing it as the world's most powerful smartphone we had to buy one and take a look at the performance of the phone compared to several other popular Android devices. How will the Motorola ATRIX do against the Droid X, Epic 4G and Droid Incredible on benchmarks like Linpack, Quadrant and Nenamark? Read on to find out!

As you can see from the chart the Motorola Atrix 4G dominated the other 1GHz devices that were all running Android 2.2 or 2.2.1! The Motorola Atrix was nearly 2.5x faster than the HTC Droid Incredible and the Samsung Epic 4G. The Motorola Droid X did a little better than the other single-core phones, but can you really call half the speed better? The Motorola Atrix 4G with the NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor was the only Android powered smartphone tested that was running a dual-core CPU and that certainly helped.
Article Title: Motorola Atrix 4G Smartphone Performance Benchmarks
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1554/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Motorola Atrix 4G Smartphone Performance Benchmarks

Post by Sttm »

Interesting read. Phone hardware is really coming along well these days. Been reading about quad cores coming out by year end and the graphics maker of the PowerVR gpus claiming a 100x Performance increase coming possibly as early as 2012.

So I am wondering how these chips are going to compare to desktop parts. Is there a benchmark you can run on both Android phones and Windows or Linux PCs to give an idea on how the performance compares to x86.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

damn...how much are these running cost wise? I think I found my next phone
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

$200, though I think radio shack has it on sale right now for $150.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Digital Puppy

Post by Digital Puppy »

Good write up!

Got mine rooted and running...unlimited data plan grandfathered over from AT&T and I'm good to go. Now if there was only a way to sync my Outlook directly to the phone...
Just a little puppy trying to make it in a big digital world.
NAiLs
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by NAiLs »

Nice write up, Nate. When you root your phone, download a program called "Shoot Me." You can take screenshots of your phone, rather than taking a picture of your phone. #-o :)
"Bow down before the one you serve! You're going to get what you deserve!" - |\| | |/|
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

NAiLs wrote:Nice write up, Nate. When you root your phone, download a program called "Shoot Me." You can take screenshots of your phone, rather than taking a picture of your phone. #-o :)
Wanted people to see it was an Atrix though!!
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

The Motorola Atrix is an incredibly fast phone and after spending a day with this smartphone it makes it look twice at our Blackberry Bold 9000 and wonder why we still carry it around.
In December I went from a Blackberry Curve 8330 to a HTC EVO 4G. The EVO and Android combo are a lot more fun to play with. When I need to look something up quickly on the net I'll whip out my phone, never did that with the Blackberry. The upside, and it's a huge one, to the Blackberry is the battery life. After 2 years of having the Blackberry I could still go 4-5 days without charging it. If I go 12 hours without charging the EVO it's dead.
HONkUS
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by HONkUS »

Yup, this does it for me!

Well except i'm Verizon so it'll have to be a Droid Bionic. I'm curious to see how well these things over clock. On my OG Droid upping the clock from 600mhz to 1.1ghz has provided a HUGE performance increase.