NZXT Classic Series H2 Silent PC Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at the newest 'Classic Series' midtower offering form NZXT, the H2 Silent case. The H2 has a lot of features like sound dampening material, external hot swap bay, whole case fan control, and a few other features. Join us as we look over what this new sub $100 offering from NZXT has to offer and you might just be surprised!

The H2 from NZXT is a very nice little case. NZXT says that the H2 will be available early April and carry an MSRP of $99.99. That price range is loaded with cases, but most are geared to gamers that want a little flash to their case. The H2, to me, is more geared towards someone building a system for an area where quiet is key. With the right hardware inside the H2 think you would be hard pressed to know it is on, unless your head is right next to the case side.

Article Title: NZXT Classic Series H2 Silent PC Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1574/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $99.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
LiquidXiron
Legit User
Legit User

Re: NZXT Classic Series H2 Silent PC Case Review

Post by LiquidXiron »

This case seems very nice at that price, I love this review you pay attention to some little details no other website provides.
CPU 930 @ 3.8GHZ --MOBO Evga X58 Classy3 --RAM 6GB Corsair Dominator GT 1866 7-8-7-20 --PSU Enermax Galaxy 1000W --VGA GTX 480
--OS 2x WD3000hlfs RAID 0 --STORAGE 4x 7200 rpm --CPU COOLER Noctua NH-12UP --CASE Thermaltake Armor
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Thank you, glad you like the review :)
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
glucoseboy
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by glucoseboy »

Thanks for the nice review. It looks like NZXT put together a nice package that provides enough space for cable management and big, tall coolers, while still being under 19" tall (perfect fit for my desk)

Only question..... black or white?????
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

NZXT is bringing their A game these days it seems. I really like the look of it and of their phantom case.

The fan setup in this just sounds wonderful to me. Plugging the fans into the case, and then the case into the power supply; awesome. No more fan cables going everywhere. I have 4 120mm fans in my Antec 300 and those cables were a pain to route. I think this might be the best new case feature I have seen since the CPU cut out became common.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I must be getting older because I really like this case. If I were to use it I'd skip the power LED and it would be a nice plain-Jane case. The fewer the LEDs the better in my book.
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

Major_A wrote:I must be getting older because I really like this case. If I were to use it I'd skip the power LED and it would be a nice plain-Jane case. The fewer the LEDs the better in my book.
My biggest problem with more modern items for the computer is they use ultra bright blue LED's instead of any diffusers to dampen the light to a subtle glow.

Red/Orange LED's usually are not so much of a problem as that light is physically less intense.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Major_A wrote:I must be getting older because I really like this case. If I were to use it I'd skip the power LED and it would be a nice plain-Jane case. The fewer the LEDs the better in my book.
I'm with ya, but I really don't mind case lighting as long as it has a switch to turn it off.
Tator Tot wrote:My biggest problem with more modern items for the computer is they use ultra bright blue LED's instead of any diffusers to dampen the light to a subtle glow.

Red/Orange LED's usually are not so much of a problem as that light is physically less intense.
I can agree with that, blue LEDs are cheap think that is why they are used most. I have seen some start using frosted lens LEDs, that helps diffuse the light a little.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

Yeah, more guys are using frosted covers or they are use prisms to diffuse the light from the LED so it is not as intense and that's fine with me.

I usually don't plug in HDD Activity or Power LED's on a case though; just because I don't need or like them.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Tator Tot wrote:I usually don't plug in HDD Activity or Power LED's on a case though; just because I don't need or like them.
Wow, thought I was the only person who did that.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

I leave them off. Hell I even put tape over the onboard activity LED for the Intel board I use on the test bench, that thing is bright, and when the drives are accessed it looks like friggen strobe light.
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Quick example of my disgust of unnecessary LEDs.

Buy X-Fi Titanium. Install X-Fi Titanium. Notice white light bleeding out of case. See the "cool" X-Fi logo glowing. Cut 2 inch strip of electrical tape. Cover the "cool" logo.

Hell the power strip in my bedroom has electrical tape over the power indicator switch. The glowning Vizio logo on my TV has electrical tape covering it up. Starting to see a pattern here?
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

As always a great review! One ?, the last pic of pg 6 "Inside the H2 Continued" it shows the 2 fan connectors, at the front. That bottom one looks like the cable is a little tight. Assuming that we don't screw around and swing crap around while building. Did you notice it may be too tight or could maybe cause a bent connector? I do see some give but not much.
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

Major_A wrote:Quick example of my disgust of unnecessary LEDs.

Buy X-Fi Titanium. Install X-Fi Titanium. Notice white light bleeding out of case. See the "cool" X-Fi logo glowing. Cut 2 inch strip of electrical tape. Cover the "cool" logo.

Hell the power strip in my bedroom has electrical tape over the power indicator switch. The glowning Vizio logo on my TV has electrical tape covering it up. Starting to see a pattern here?
I've done the same thing to my NIC because the green LED on it is bright. Same with the power & reset switches on my mobo.

Oddly enough; I have a backlit keyboard only because of the switches it has inside though. No other option for that switch type.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

ckthecerealkiller wrote:As always a great review! One ?, the last pic of pg 6 "Inside the H2 Continued" it shows the 2 fan connectors, at the front. That bottom one looks like the cable is a little tight. Assuming that we don't screw around and swing crap around while building. Did you notice it may be too tight or could maybe cause a bent connector? I do see some give but not much.
That is just the way the cable was tied up from NZXT, there is slack in it and can be re-routed if you like. I just didn't cut the wires loose from the way they had them zip-tied.
-Thomas Jefferson