ASUS GeForce GTX 590 3GB Video Card Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

ASUS GeForce GTX 590 3GB Video Card Review

Post by Apoptosis »

NVIDIA found a way to take over 2200 components and get them assembled together on a single PCB to create their new flagship GPU called the GeForce GTX 590. The GTX 590 combines the power of two GF110 GPUs on a single graphics card. With a total of two GF110 GPUs packing 1024 CUDA cores and 3GB of GDDR5 memory you know this video card is going to do well in the benchmarks!

Article Title: ASUS GeForce GTX 590 3GB Video Card Review @ Legit Reviews
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1576/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: ASUS GeForce GTX 590 3GB Video Card Review

Post by Major_A »

I know this has nothing to do with the card, but... is the graphic on the ammo box an elephant or a person?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Neither...

It's the character they used for their high-end cards since the GTX 480:

Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

One the biggest issue with Nvidia, that I see, is that they dont support cross SLI capabilities. meaning that you cannot SLI a 590 to a 580 or to a 570. So if you want to run two 590's in SLI you need to fork out additional 700 USD for the card rendering the 580/570 video cards they may have purchased useless. With the 6990 we have the flexibility of running that card with either a 6970/6950. There is always more to it then just having the fastest video card. Still a very well put review.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I keep posting links to avoid hot linking to your pics, i.e. lower bandwidth. Thanks for taking the time to adjust it.

I had no idea that nVidia had dedicated characters for their products. Learn something new everyday.

To add to what DragonFury stated nVidia needs to drop the SLI license fee. It sucks that there are so little SLI options out there. If you don't want to spend $300 on a motherboard then your options are almost non-existent. It seems like if there is more than one PCIe slot then you can run Crossfire. The first real video card I bought was an ATi card (Radeon 7200 for $110!), still rocking one in the PC I'm writing this on (HD 5450). But in all honesty I really do not like ATi's drivers. That's the main reason I've been running nVidia cards in my gaming machine since my 9800 Pro became obsolete.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

I had the opposite issue with nvidia drivers. especially ertaining to multi-monitor support. there were and still are minor issues reguarding the nvidia drivers support (as my brother got the 470 from me. VLC does not quite work correctly, and nvidia still does not intially support the higher resoltun monitors in 3d vision surround, meaning the driver only supports intially is 1680x1050 x 3 not 1920x1080 x 3, also when it comes to multi-monitor gaming on ATI i can flip between multi-monitor spanning to single monitor then back quite frequently, and effortlessly. Nvidia not so much, at best I could go from multi to one maybe once or twice before windows decide to drop the driver because it stopped responding. nd again once going from single back to multi mode, I had to re conpensate the damn bezels in order for me to get my true resolution from 5040 x 1050 to 1920 x 1080. this got extremely annoying after having to do that and uninstall and reinstall the drivers constantly. Not sure how it is today as far as multi-monitor gaming or support but if I know nvidia It has not changed.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Not an issue with me. Only have one monitor and don't have the equipment for 3D.

Can't speak for VLC but DXVA works fine for me on Media Player Classic.
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

=P~ =P~ =P~ =P~
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro