Sapphire Pure Black X58 Motherboard Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

It has been a few years since Sapphire has put out a new motherboard. Here we are though, getting ready for a look at their first Intel motherboard since the days of the Intel Pentium 4! The Sapphire Pure Black X58 supports USB 3.0, SATA 6, and CrossfireX for starters! Is the Sapphire Pure Black X58 motherboard going to be the right board for you? Read on to find out!

Sapphire isn't a new name when it comes to performance computer parts. Sapphire has been manufacturing AMD based graphics cards for a number of years already. Now Sapphire is making a move back to another segment of the enthusiast PC market, and they are poised to take it by storm. Which segment, you may ask? Well, Sapphire is now building enthusiast level motherboards. Today we have our first look at the first new motherboard put out by Sapphire since the days of the Pentium 4! They opted to build an Intel X58 chipset motherboard. For our first look at a Sapphire motherboard we will be taking a look at the Sapphire Pure Black X58 motherboard!
Article Title: Sapphire Pure Black X58 Motherboard Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1570/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $219.99 after rebate
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
cyclone3d
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Re: Sapphire Pure Black X58 Motherboard Review

Post by cyclone3d »

I think the test system info page needs to be fixed... Either that or i would really like to know how you crammed an i5 2500k chip on an x58 board.

Did you test to see the max bclk you could get?

What about max RAM speed? I know the board is only rated for 1600, but overclocking is all about going higher than rated speed.
Pull out some DDR3-2000 or higher sticks and see what that board can really do!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Sapphire Pure Black X58 Motherboard Review

Post by XstollieX »

cyclone3d wrote:I think the test system info page needs to be fixed... Either that or i would really like to know how you crammed an i5 2500k chip on an x58 board.

Did you test to see the max bclk you could get?

What about max RAM speed? I know the board is only rated for 1600, but overclocking is all about going higher than rated speed.
Pull out some DDR3-2000 or higher sticks and see what that board can really do!
First off, welcome to the Legit Reviews Forums Cyclone3d!

You are correct, the Test system page needs to be updated. When it comes to our overclocking, there are an endless number of possibilities in how and what we overclock. We stick to seeing how high of a final overclock we can reach with our processor, in this case the Intel Core i7 950. We run the Corsair Dominator 1600MHz modules in triple channel on the X58 platforms and the Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz modules in dual channel on our P67 platforms, this gives us a very close apples to apples comparison. I don't doubt that the Sapphire Pure Black can run the memory faster, but unfortunately we do have to set some limits for the amount of time we can spend with each board. Right now we have half a dozen boards ready for the test bench, on to the next! :supz: