Cyberpower Gamer Xtreme 4000 Sandy Bridge System Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

CyberPower PC is on the forefront of the custom PC market. Today we have one of CyberPower's latest systems. The CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 4000 features the latest Intel Core i7 2600K and an EVGA GeForce GTX 570. This combination should prove to be a lethal combination! How will the CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 4000 against our Intel X58 System featuring an Intel core i7 950? Read on to find out!

What can be said about a full system that does exactly what we expected it to do? More specifically, what can't we say! In short, this system pretty much rocked the socks off of everything I am currently using in my main system. Time for an upgrade. Well, first I'll have to convince the wife that a shiny new CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 4000 is worth skipping a few meals. I'm not saying that the CyberPower Gamer Xtreme 4000 is expensive; quite the contrary. If you were to purchase all of the parts to build a comparable system at Newegg.com, you may just be surprised...
Article Title: Cyberpower Gamer Xtreme 4000 Sandy Bridge System Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1582/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Cyberpower Gamer Xtreme 4000 Sandy Bridge System Review

Post by Major_A »

Nothing like buying in bulk. Cheaper than the DIY build.

Here's my one complaint. I know it isn't practical with the turn around with new tech but I like to see builder cases. I'm not much of a fan of the Dell lineup but their old XPS case looked nice and Alienware used to have their own style of case. Seems like if you're spending the money on a prebuilt machine you kind of want that "beige box" so-to-speak. I see this thing from across the room I think DIY. I see a Dell case from across the room I know it's a Dell. I guess it's my marketing mind and product differentiation at work here.

*EDIT*
I thought prebuilt machines had to have the Windows case badge on it. Usually along with the graphics manufacturer's and processor's case badge too.

*EDIT 2*
I meant to say this earlier. Kudos to Cyberpower for running the TX 650 clean. I own one and I know how much of a PITA it is to get the wires routed cleanly in any case.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Yeah, They did a great job on the wiring in this thing, keeps it really clean. With the prices they are offering it would make me seriously consider buying one before building one, It was kinda nice not having to build the os and everything for this article. Plus they offer the ability to configure the system with whatever specs you want. Like I said in the article the only thing I would add is an SSD.

I agree with you about the case's and perception of a rig. Could be the worlds fastest rig, but if it's in a manufacturer case it just isn't quite as cool
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Good to see the F@H ppd in the review. Gotta love that overclock.
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

vbironchef wrote:Good to see the F@H ppd in the review. Gotta love that overclock.
Yeah it was kinda sexy. It was interesting to see the differences in the day to day points. Unfortunately that took 9 days to do after the rest of the benchmarking so it won't be a common feature of our articles, maybe if I get another system to test I'll do it again but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Overall though, I really like the system! Thinking about shipping the box back empty (Shhhh, Don't tell Nate :lol:)
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

Updated with Power consumption numbers

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1582/8/