Antec Kuhler H20 920 CPU Water Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Antec has been a maker of PC cases and power supplies for years. Now Antec has stepped into the world of CPU coolers, both air and water. Today we look at their second self-contained water cooling kit offering, the Kuhler H2O 920. Join us as we put the Kuhler H2O 920 through the paces on our Intel Core i7 test system and see how it performs.

Article Title: Antec Kuhler H20 920 CPU Water Cooler Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1590/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Antec Kuhler H20 920 CPU Water Cooler Review

Post by Major_A »

Thanks for the underline in the chart. Much easier to spot the product being tested.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Photoshop line tool FTW :mrgreen:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Antec_Jessie
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Antec_Jessie »

Thanks to Legit Reviews for doing an incredibly thorough review of the 920. If you guys have any questions about the product, I'm happy to answer them for you.
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Good job Shane!
Joe
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Thanks everyone. Thinking of putting it on my personal rig and playing with it some off and on while working on other reviews.

These little kits are getting better and better, looking forward to see what comes next.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

I wonder if 38MM fans would help move more air since they're supposed to have a higher static pressure.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLi ... ageSize=50

I meant to say this earlier. I really like the Antec software package. And I REALLY like the idea that you can turn off any LEDs on the unit.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I totally agree... I want control over any lights in my system.

This looks like a decent cooling kit. I need to see if I can get my hands on one to try it out myself... Maybe change the fans with some different ones and see if I can keep the performance up there and the noise down.

Might be time to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge system with one of these!
Follow Me on Twitter!
stereo55
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by stereo55 »

Nicely done review!
* i7 5930K @ 4GHz 1.085v - Corsair H100i GTX - Asrock x99 OC Formula 3.1
* Sandisk Extreme Pro 480gb - HGST NAS 3TB - 2x WD Blue 1TB - 32gig Crucial 2133 - EVGA 980 Ti Classified - Corsair 780T/Seasonic 760 Platinum
* LG 34" Ultra Wide - Hanns-G HZ281HPB 27.5" - LG WH16NS40 Blu Burner - SoundBlaster Z - Klipsch 4.1's/Altec center channel
* Windows 8.1 Pro/Windows 10
* Retired game rig i7 920 @ 3.9 - EVGA x58 - still going strong!

Heatware
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Thinking my weekend is going to be not so jam packed. Think I might put this back on the test bench switch it around to "intake" in "silent" mode to see how this does. I'm hoping within a couple degrees of the H70. I'd like to get my hands on a set of Gentle Typhoons, but they are out of stock every where I have looked.
-Thomas Jefferson
Ditiris
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Ditiris »

I'm going to add another thank you for underlining the review product in the charts, so much easier to spot and compare now.

If you're going to play around with the unit some more I think two custom settings between the Silent and Extreme profile would be nice, let's call them Normal and Gaming. Normal would be the same level as your Scythe case fans, and Gaming would be the same level as a GPU spun up a bit during a normal gaming session.

The min and max are nice to have, but I would think most users would probably want something between the two, given the poor performance of the Silent profile and the ear-splitting performance of Extreme.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Ditiris wrote:I'm going to add another thank you for underlining the review product in the charts, so much easier to spot and compare now.

If you're going to play around with the unit some more I think two custom settings between the Silent and Extreme profile would be nice, let's call them Normal and Gaming. Normal would be the same level as your Scythe case fans, and Gaming would be the same level as a GPU spun up a bit during a normal gaming session.

The min and max are nice to have, but I would think most users would probably want something between the two, given the poor performance of the Silent profile and the ear-splitting performance of Extreme.
Very good points and I totally agree with you.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Apoptosis wrote:...Might be time to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge system with one of these!

as in "hey, I just got a nice $100 cooler, now I desperately need to build a $2000 system around it!" (spoken like a true technogeek) :lol:

Great job as usual Shane ;)
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll: