What Web Browser is Fastest for Windows in 2011?

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Internet browsers have been making a ton of headlines lately with the release of IE10 Preview 1, Google Chrome 12 beta and Firefox 6.0 Alpha all being available for download. With Flash 10.2 and HTML5 taking off we figured that it would be a good time to look at the performance of 15 of the most used web browsers again. Read on to see which is fastest browser as we run seven tests to find out which is fastest and supports the most features.

Article Title: What Web Browser is Fastest for Windows in 2011?
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1610/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: What Web Browser is Fastest for Windows in 2011?

Post by Tator Tot »

I think an important part to note on page 3, under the Acid3 tests, is that Mozilla (and thus their browsers Seamonkey & Firefox) will never score a 100 out of 100 on the Acid3 tests as the last 3 points are for SVG fonts that are non-standard (and currently, poorly implimented on the other browsers).

You can read about it here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

thanks for the info. I updated the article.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

No problem man :)

Personally, my thoughts on browser speed are that, at the current time; it doesn't really matter a whole lot.
I'm more worried about the "usability" factor of all of it. What add-ons are available, what can you do with the browser itself to ease your life, and generally; how does it handle your tasks.

Right now though, I'm at a crossroads between Opera and Firefox as my favorite browsers. Opera does a lot of the Firefox features in house, but it's still missing out on a well built IRC client and FTP services are also lacking.
nooyawka
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by nooyawka »

Meanwhile, sneaking below your radar are two of the best browsers: Comodo Dragon and Maxthon3.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

I keep trying other browsers but I always go back to using Chrome. I think the design layout is quicker for me to use, and the features it has speeds up my browsing too. Like Paste and Go or Paste and Search. Cutting out keystrokes and clicks.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

nooyawka wrote:Meanwhile, sneaking below your radar are two of the best browsers: Comodo Dragon and Maxthon3.
I've also had a ton of e-mails like this:
Why no 64bit browsers entered? IE9 x64, Pale Moon x64 & Waterfox x64. I don't even touch 32 bit browsers anymore, lot of people don't. I've done benchmarks of Pale Moon x64 that smoked Firefox4 32bit. Then I benchmarked Waterfox x64 against Pale Moon x64 and Waterfox smoked Pale Moon x64 by a long shot. I use both PM & WF, they are damn fast...

Next time around it looks like I have some more browsers to try out! I'll be honest I haven't heard of a couple of those, but Maxthon and Comodo Dragon were just overlooked on my part (for years now).
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

I use Comodo Internet Security Suite but not the secure servers nor the browser because I read (rumors) that they have many law-enforcement clients in their business services umbrella. That is a great endorsement for using their anti-virus/antimalware and their firewall, but I can't bring myself to trust them with my private surfing habits.

I"m an old dinosaur though that still uses FireFox 3.17 because some of my favorite add-ons and plugins haven't made the transition to the newer browser versions yet. I particularly like F.E.B.E. and NoScript so once those are compatible with the newer FireFox I may try the newest versions again (I tried 4 briefly but went back). I am leery of Google Chrome just because I don't trust Google's privacy policies--they have too much interest in our browsing habits as it is since it determines a large part of their income.

I may be paranoid, but that doesn't mean that they aren't watching...
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Tator Tot »

FEBE isn't on FF 4.0.1 but NoScript is.

FEBE is the only one that's not so far.
Toma
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Toma »

Firefox 4 beta 12, Chrome 10 beta, Opera 11.1 and Safari 5.0.3. All achieved similar great results on the MacBook Pro, according to testings.
Last edited by Toma on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Athlonite
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Athlonite »

I wouldn't expect much of a difference between IE9 and Maxthon 3 as Maxthon is just a front end GUI for IE's files hence why it's so much smaller as an install.exe compaired to IE9

Opera 11.5 is great though and only getting better by the update can't wait for a x64 bit version for windows now that Adobe has x64 flash out and about now
Asus Crosshair V Formula
AMD FX 8320 @ 3700MHz NB/HT @ 2600MHZ
2x 4GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600 C9
1x Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 9550MHz core 1250MHz mem
1x Pioneer DVD-RW DVR212S SATA
2x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm raid0
1x Samsung HD502IJ 16MB cache 7200rpm storage
1x WD2500AAJS 8MB cache 7200rpm storage
Thermolab Baram 1 x 120mm CM R4 90cfm 2000rpm 1x SilverStone 120mm AP 1500rpm 37.5cfm
SilverStone ST75F-P 750W PSU Full Modular
SilverStone RaVeN RV02B-W