Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Illuminati
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Illuminati »

Corsair has been a new player to the computer case market, and has been taking it by storm with their Obsidian Series of cases. With the 700D and 800D featuring full windows, brushed aluminum front panels, all black cables & interior with plenty of cable holes, most folks could not find a thing they wanted to change about these cases. Today we get to look at the new member of the Obsidian family, the Corsair 650D Mid-Tower; read on to see this case at work.

Corsair's Obsidian Series of computer cases took the world by storm not too long ago. As a new case manufacturer they decided to leave all the glitz and glamour at the door to instead opt for a refined and unified look. With almost unparalleled cable routing, superb design for water coolers, and its utilitarian design, the Corsair Obsidian 800D won Legit Review's Innovation award. Now Corsair has been hard at work developing a new chassis for the Obsidian line of computer cases and the 650D is the brand new Mid-Tower for that lineup. The first images of the much anticipated Corsair Obsidian Series 650D chassis showed up at CES 2011 and the case hit store shelves in April 2011 with a current price of $179.99 with a two year warranty. Images are out and it is obvious that Corsair took large notes from their success with the Graphite Series 600T Mid-Tower when they made the 650D. Today we're going to take a look at the Corsair 650D and see if it has the ability to grab our coveted Editor's Choice award like its brothers, the 600T and 700D...

Article Title: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1596/1/
Justin West
Server Admin & Forum Moderator
Follow me on Twitter | Find us on Facebook
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case Review

Post by Major_A »

I like the eSATA tray. I run around with a drive and usually have to reach around the back to plug it in. This seems a lot easier. Great review, only one I've seen where the fans were tested. Keep up the good work.
Tator Tot
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Re: Corsair Obsidian Series 650D Mid Tower Case Review

Post by Tator Tot »

Major_A wrote:I like the eSATA tray. I run around with a drive and usually have to reach around the back to plug it in. This seems a lot easier. Great review, only one I've seen where the fans were tested. Keep up the good work.
Danke, fan testing is an extremely intensive (takes almost 2 days to finish.)

On the other hand, I get REALLY annoyed when case makers do not post any information about their fans that they include with the case. More so when they include fan controllers.

Also, it's just a normal SATA dock, not technically eSATA. The internal connections are a normal SATA Power & Data connection as well.

I actually just built a system for my friend that does audio testing (I installed some sound dampening foam as well.) It's a great case.

We actually use the SATA dock as a storage bin for Flash drives though :lol: