EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we are looking at the newest air CPU cooler offering from the folks at EVGA, the EVGA Superclock. The EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler is a 5 8mm heatpipe, direct touch CPU cooler with an interesting cooling fin arrangement. Join us as we see how the Superclock holds up on our Intel Core i7 test system as we compare it to more than a dozen of the latest coolers on the market today.

Article Title: EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1629/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $49.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: EVGA Superclock CPU Cooler Review

Post by Major_A »

I'd like it more if it didn't have a LED fan. Wonder why they made it in black, don't they know that white is the new s**t?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:I'd like it more if it didn't have a LED fan. Wonder why they made it in black, don't they know that white is the new s**t?
Is there a white coated aluminum CPU cooler?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
skier

Post by skier »

Major_A wrote:I'd like it more if it didn't have a LED fan. Wonder why they made it in black, don't they know that white is the new s**t?
snip the wires going to the LED's like I do to ALL of my led fans. and why would anyone want white over black? I love the look of my black TRUE (unless you are displaying web-sarcasm)

looks like a sweeet cooler for $50
-Austin
Screamin' BCLK: Image
775 System (Overclocking Platform): Q8400/Q8300/E8400/E7400/E7500 - GA-EP45-UD3R v1.1 - 4GB (2x2) OCZ Reaper HPC DDR2 1066 CL5 2.1v Corsair TX-750w
Gamer: Asrock Z77 Extreme4, i7 3770K @4.6GHz, ThermalTake Armor A90 modded, 2x4GB GSKILL RipjawsX DDR3 2133 CL9, Corsair HX-750w, MSI GTX660 Twin Frozr
Server2012: Q9300 - 8GB DDR2 - Asus P5QL Pro - Corsair CX430 - Mirrored 2TB Seagate's with 2TB WD cav for fileshare backups, 1TB WD for OS backups
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Apoptosis wrote:
Is there a white coated aluminum CPU cooler?
No idea, my white statement was meant to be taken half-heartedly. Seems everyone is trying to make something white. And the public is buying it up.
snip the wires going to the LED's like I do to ALL of my led fans.
I already to that too. Most of the time less is more, and that's really the case with me and computer case lighting.
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Nice looking hsf, black works great in all my cases. Maybe once I find a good cooling replacement for my sonata case I can look into this cooling solution for my unlocked 555BE, I like its light weight. Thanks for the great review bro, I'm definitely keeping this in mind. Best-case scenario for me would be newegg having a combo offer with this hsf and a nice mATX case (less than 18" deep) with mesh front and/or sides for max cooling, but I won't hold my breath. =P~
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

I actually like the white when done right. I'm tired of black...for years it was beige, then silver, now everything is black.
Joe