Temps to high for F@H

Here you can find out about our Folding Team! Our goal: to understand protein folding, protein aggregation, and related diseases
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Temps to high for F@H

Post by vbironchef »

Sorry team, but the temps are to high in my neck of the woods. Going out of town for vacation and can't keep folding with this heat wave. So count me out for the folding war. Should be back when temps are down.
sbohdan
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Temps to high for F@H

Post by sbohdan »

:shock:

I recommend postponing the war to fall, with all these guys bailing out because of the heatwave. I will keep folding till I can.
Main rig: NZXT Phantom modded case with Danger Den WC, Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite, Ryzen 5800X @ stock, 32GB Patriot Viper DDR4 3200Mhz 16-18-18-36-1T, AMD RX 5700XT + AlphaCool WC, ACER Nitro XV2 27", SP 1TB nvme PCiE GEN3, Samsung 2TB; Cooler Master MW Gold 650W, Win10 Pro 64
my complete GFX tuneup & cooling mod: http://forums.legitreviews.com/viewtopi ... highlight=
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

My idea for a solar power unit for air conditioners as a prize keeps looking better ;)
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
Darkstar
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Darkstar »

KnightRid wrote:My idea for a solar power unit for air conditioners as a prize keeps looking better ;)

I agree it would be a cool prize, although i would probably end up (if i won one) using it to run a wireless off my rooftop.....

:drinkers:
Phenom II 1075T,Phenom II 1090T,Intel i7 870
Gigabyte 890XA-UD3
Evga GTX460
8 GB Corsair
Agility2 120GB SSD
Dual 24" Samsungs LCD's
mizort1989
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mizort1989 »

what are the avg ambient temps where you live

i just want to compare to the temps in Egypt , Africa where i live , i didn't think it gets hot in the states

:)
vbironchef
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by vbironchef »

Out of respect I will answer your question. Yes it get's hot in the U.S. Just google some locations in the U.S. and you will see that indeed it get's hot. When the wife tells you to stop folding, you stop folding! Nuf said! :lol:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

mizort1989 wrote:what are the avg ambient temps where you live

i just want to compare to the temps in Egypt , Africa where i live , i didn't think it gets hot in the states

Not so much heat its the humidity, it magnifies the heat. Like walking around in a sauna all day. Today in St Louis it topped out at around 92*F (33*C) with 68% humidity. Can get at high as 110*F (43*C) in July/August with that same level of humidity (or higher). AC don't work well once it gets past 95*F, and the added humidity level.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
mizort1989
Legit User
Legit User

Post by mizort1989 »

bubba wrote:
mizort1989 wrote:what are the avg ambient temps where you live

Not so much heat its the humidity, it magnifies the heat. Like walking around in a sauna all day. Today in St Louis it topped out at around 92*C (33*C) with 68% humidity. Can get at high as 110*F (43*C) in July/August with that same level of humidity (or higher). AC don't work well once it gets past 95*F, and the added humidity level.
oh my God , thats hot , 33*C and 43*C , today in cairo its 35*c in the morning and 22*c in the afternoon but the humidity today is 88% :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yeah today is the low side for early summer, think it will top out at 72*F (22*C) but it will rain pretty much all day.. well rest of the week for that matter. Think we got more rain this morning than you get all year. I know in a big storm last week we got almost 3" (76mm) of rain in one night.

winter is where it sucks, gets down into the 20's (roughly -6*C) great for running a PC, but not much else. Further north consistently colder, further south consistently warmer.

ah world climates :lol:
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson