Question about SSDs and laptops.

Hard Drives, Optical Drives, USB keys, Flash memory. Need help with or have experiences with a storage device? Share it in here!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Question about SSDs and laptops.

Post by DragonFury »

Are SSDs having issues being ran in a laptop? Ie getting hot and shutting themselves off. I am looking at getting 2 SSDs one for the laptop (HP DV6-6135DX), and one for my main computer.

the two I am looking at are these ones
Crucial M4

OCZ Agility 3
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Question about SSDs and laptops.

Post by Bhench »

None that I am aware of, in fact most newer laptops only come with SSD's. They run cooler, use less energy, and have faster access than their mechanical counter parts. One of my buddies at the office runs two OCZ Vertex 2's in RAID 0 in his laptop and has for awhile, no issues.
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by DragonFury »

Thank you, I wanted to know if anyone had any issues running them in laptops for long terms.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Some of the older drives had issues with sleep/hibernate but I think most were fixed via firmware.
Joe
doghucat
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by doghucat »

I have no bios adjustment to set drive controller to the AHCI runs in ide mode and do not get the faster speeds any one have any ideas HP dv9720us Laptop
Sandman/Intel C2D E8400 @3.00GHZ/ P5Q Pro Turbo Mobo / Xigmatik-1283 / 2-HD5670 Video-Crossfire / 4 Gig Kingston Ram / Antec P-180B Case
Notebook HP dv9720US 17" Wide Screen