DDR2 800MHz Roundup: A-Data, Kingston, & Mushkin

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

DDR2 800MHz Roundup: A-Data, Kingston, & Mushkin

Post by Apoptosis »

Legit Reviews has recently had the opportunity to look over three PC2-6400 memory kits from some of the most popular enthusiast brand lines here in North America. Our three DDR2-800 kits came from A-DATA, Kingston, and Mushkin. While all three brands are rated at 800MHz, this is where the similarities end.

How does 2GB of Mushkin DDR2 memory at 1040MHz sound?

Let us know your thoughts! If you enjoyed the article or want to see something done differently let us know by posting your comments below.

Article: DDR2 800MHz Roundup: A-Data, Kingston, & Mushkin
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

I really liked that article a lot! I still feel like I'm confused and in the dark about a lot of things surrounding DDR2 but this article was packed FULL of useful information and helped to clear up some issues here and there. I also liked the "Price per Mhz" comparison! It's very creative and it's always nice to look at new products in a different light to help simplify where exactly it falls in the market.
I also found it interesting/impressive that Mushkin was able to make a 2Gb set with the same tight timings (or even tighter) and better overclocking potential than either of the 1Gb sets! Glad to see that compaines are still striving for new, innovative products that the consumers can really benefit from. Hopefully this motivation for quality R&D will keep the quality of products up among other competing companies.
The price and performance of the A-Data memory is also very attractive. I was very close to purchasing some of A-Data's performance DDR memory a while back because of it's reputation for solid overclocking potential and, of course, it's great price! Glad to see they are continuing to stick to those guns, it will definately get them far if they can make it work while increasing their marketing efforts in North America.
Once again, you do some of THE BEST memory review articles I have ever seen anywhere and it really makes me proud to have "Legit Fanatic" under my forum screen name! :drinkers:
rhino56
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by rhino56 »

yeah nice review man 8)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

What can I say that Blake hasn't already? Nate, you know you're the best, lol. You know to throughly test whatever it is you get to review, and push it as hard as you can. Personally, I wouldn't mind getting ahold of RST Pro2 after I get my system up and going. I'm going to look a little more too, because this may affect what brand of DDR I go with, because Mushkin has stepped up here with their high-performance memory, and if they can get tighter timings and better frequencies than OCZ, then it's balls to the wall Mushkin for me! What can I say except this is one hell of a job you did here man, cheers!! :drinkers: :drinkers: :drinkers:
-mogwai
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by -mogwai »

very sweet article. now i know what to get if i ever get to go ddr2
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I have been benchmarking DDR2-800 modules from OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, and SyncMAX since I posted this review. Looks like the 3-way DDR2 roundup just went 7-way!!!

Think I should add on to the current article or add the four additional brands in a seperate article, but include all 7 in the charts?

The 7 Brands:

A-DATA
Corsair
Crucial
Kingston
Mushkin
OCZ
SyncMAX
gvblake22
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gvblake22 »

Awesome, that's quite the pile-O-DDR2 ya got there!
Depending on how in depth you were plainning to go with these new memory samples, it may be better off to do a new article so you can talk about each brand and what it has to offer, kindof like what you did in the first article. Then be sure to include all 7 in the the benchmark charts and you'll have yourself one very nice DDR2 roundup no. 2! :mrgreen:
Or maybe you could call it a "showdown" this time or something 8)
killswitch83
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by killswitch83 »

Apoptosis wrote:I have been benchmarking DDR2-800 modules from OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, and SyncMAX since I posted this review. Looks like the 3-way DDR2 roundup just went 7-way!!!

Think I should add on to the current article or add the four additional brands in a seperate article, but include all 7 in the charts?

The 7 Brands:

A-DATA
Corsair
Crucial
Kingston
Mushkin
OCZ
SyncMAX
Man, I would definitely add on to the article, and maybe rename it. Or, of course there's always the update review. If it's impressive, I wanna see it :)