CyberPower Gamer Ultra 2098 Budget Gaming PC Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

CyberPower recently released the Gamer Ultra 2098, which is an AMD powered budget gaming PC. We are actually excited to get this PC as it uses the new AMD FX-4100 3.6 Ghz quad-core 'Bulldozer' processor along with the Gigabyte Radeon HD 6670 1GB video card and 8GB of DDR3 memory. It should be a fairly robust budget gaming PC that has an MSRP of $609.00. Read on to see how it performs!

CyberPower really did do a great job with the Gamer Ultra 2098! The part selection and the fit and finish of the components was superb for a budget gaming PC. For being just $574.98 we figured that CyberPower might cut some corners on wire management or something like that, but they really did a nice job for this build. The parts that CyberPower used on the Gamer Ultra 2098 worked well together and we had no major issues with any of the hardware during our testing. For a budget AMD powered gaming PC we wouldn't change anything with this system.
Article Title: CyberPower Gamer Ultra 2098 Budget Gaming PC Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1762/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $559.99 plus $14.99 shipping
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: CyberPower Gamer Ultra 2098 Budget Gaming PC Review

Post by Major_A »

I like full system reviews. Thanks. That said the only thing this thing has going for it is the top notch wiring. The case and power supply look like pure junk. I would've been nice to have an AMD motherboard. Does the APU on a nVidia board support the hybrid Crossfire?
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

No APU for Socket AM3+, so not really a question for this platform. The NVIDIA GPU is on the chipset, so it will work if you didn't have a discrete card in the system.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Draconian
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by Draconian »

No USB 3.0 = deal breaker.

Check this one out: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6883227373

That would be a better deal for someone in the market for a $600 PC. Almost identical specs, but it includes USB 3.0 and the hard drive has double the capacity, and it's $20 cheaper.
ckthecerealkiller
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by ckthecerealkiller »

Heck of a lot better deal than major builders. I.E. HP, Dell, etc. I should use these guys the next time someone says they want a gaming computer. Save me some time/headache!

Here is a tidbit, that board only supports SATA II (probably why that windows score was so low). Yet they gave it a SATA III drive.

One minor correction (Tech document writer by profession. I know I'm an ass, lol)
Pg 5, First Boot & Windows Experience Index, it says the drive has usable capacity of 456GB but pic says 465GB.
Only one I will mention, promise! :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

ckthecerealkiller wrote:Heck of a lot better deal than major builders. I.E. HP, Dell, etc. I should use these guys the next time someone says they want a gaming computer. Save me some time/headache!

Here is a tidbit, that board only supports SATA II (probably why that windows score was so low). Yet they gave it a SATA III drive.

One minor correction (Tech document writer by profession. I know I'm an ass, lol)
Pg 5, First Boot & Windows Experience Index, it says the drive has usable capacity of 456GB but pic says 465GB.
Only one I will mention, promise! :)
Thanks for the update there and yeah, it is odd about the drive!
Follow Me on Twitter!