Cooler Master HAF X Black Gaming Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we look at the newest addition to Cooler Master’s HAF lineup, the HAF X. The HAF X is Cooler Masters new flagship case for the HAF series thus replacing the popular HAF-932 as the top dog. So join us as we see what Cooler Master has done to improve on the already impressive HAF lineup.

The HAF X carries a similar look to the previous HAF cases. Rugged looking panels with large mesh grills, definitely not something you would see in a classic home theater setup. The HAF X lives up to its HAF name by coming with a 200mm fan in the top, a 200mm fan on the side, a 230mm fan in the front and a 140mm fan in the rear. It comes with the ability to add an additional 200mm fan to the top, 120mm fan for the GPU air duct and an 80mm fan to the GPU support bracket. Some of the new features in the HAF X are two Super Speed USB 3.0 ports on the front panel, two front accessible hot swap drive bays that will support 2.5” and 3.5” hard drives, GPU support bracket, and a GPU cooling duct.

Article Title: Cooler Master HAF X Black Gaming Case Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1311/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $199.99 MSRP
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Cooler Master HAF X Black Gaming Case Review

Post by XstollieX »

That's pretty damn Sexy!
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

I want it!

I have the HAF-932 and the only complaint I have is with the Domino ALC mounted, the side panel will not fit back on the case with the big fan on it (240mm?).

Is the panel on the bottom front at the fan removable only from the outside or do you have to open up the case to clean the filter?

If I get the money, this case will be replacing the Aerocool case I got from this site a couple years ago ;)

Mike

Complaint - Why don't they just make ALL the drive bays removable from the outside? They don't have to be hot-swap, but damn, it would be really nice not to have to open up the case to swap hard drives around.
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yes the panel has to come off to pull the filter, you have to unmount the fan as well if you want at the filter by itself.

Better off shutting the system down, keep the fan from spinning, and vacuum the dust off.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
gwolfman
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by gwolfman »

Me lickey. I'm very interested in buying this case. I'll wait till I can see it in a store, but I'm very very tempted to buy it. :) Thanks LR for the great review.
Sttm
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Sttm »

That picture of the dual 5970s was dam sexy. Uh I want one.
Core i7 2600k/ ASUS P8Z68-V Z68/ 8gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 Blue/ EVGA Geforce GTX 560ti Maximum Graphics Edition/Windows 7/Antec 300/Antec 650w/LG Blu Combo/Hp 27inch 2710M/Samsung P2770HD

"I think sharing is overrated...and helping others. And what's all this crap I've been hearing about tolerance?"
KnightRid

Post by KnightRid »

gwolfman wrote:Me lickey.
Don't lick the technology please :lol:

Mike
Remember, I am opinionated and nothing I say or do reflects on anyone or anything else but me :finga:
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

KnightRid wrote:
gwolfman wrote:Me lickey.
Don't lick the technology please :lol:

Mike
But it's so tasty!
Cannyone
Legit Fanatic
Legit Fanatic

Post by Cannyone »

*Double Face Palm....

I'm almost finished modding my HAF 932 for use with water-cooling. :shock:

And while the ducting for the video cards is a good idea, I am willing to bet that 200mm fan doesn't push nearly as much air as my 4 fan setup. See I have a bunch of CM 120mm fans which are rated for 90CFM @2000RPM. I'll have 8 of these, plus a 230mm in the front, and a 140mm in the back. Surprisingly the whole setup isn't that loud. So when the RAM Modules and the Video Cards are the primary sources of heat, I'm guessing a lack of ducting won't matter.

In the future I'll try to post some pictures ... (If my camera is willing to cooperate).
Intel Core i7 4820K @ 4 GHz | Asus Rampage IV Formula | 16GB Patriot DDR3-1866 | Asus Poseidon GTX 780 water cooled... (other stuff too <- 500 char limit!)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Here is a cool video on this case:

Follow Me on Twitter!
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Can the front 230mm fan fit on top like they can in the 932 ? Or just the megaflow 200mm ?
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Dont think so, I will check and let you know. It in my office at work so wont know until Tuesday.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Just thought I'd see if you were able to check Bubba. If not, no worries.
i9-9900k | ASUS Maximus XI Hero | ASUS Strix RTX 2070 Super | 32GB G.Skill Trident RGB DDR4-3600 | Cooler Master ML360L AIO | Seagate Firecuda 510 1TB NVME SSD | Tt ToughPower RGB 850W PSU | Sound Blaster Z | LL PC-O11 Dynamic | ASUS Gladius II Mouse | ASUS Strix Scope RX| ASUS VG259QMM 24" 240hz monitor | Windows 11 Pro
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Sorry, got distracted with work LOL

Yes it will fit, but to get twin 230's between the top bezel and the case frame you will need to trim the fan body of one or both. OR put back one inside the case and front one above.

230 in back, 200 upfront
IMG_3293.jpg
IMG_3293.jpg (44.12 KiB) Viewed 10133 times
Looking up at the 230 with the top bezel installed
IMG_3286.jpg
IMG_3286.jpg (46.45 KiB) Viewed 10133 times
-Thomas Jefferson
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

I see...one more question Bubba I'm sorry. On the side fan(which I assume is not 230mm capable)..is that fan duct detachable?

EDIT: I keep asking about the fan size as I bought quite a few 230mm fans back when i bought the 932, and I'd hate to have to spend more on fans if I were to go for this
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yup, had to take it off to rotate it. Its held on with 4 screws, separate from the 4 that hold the fan on the side panel.

The 230 wont fit on the side panel as the place it sets is to small for the fan to physically fit even though the 200 and the 230 use the same mounting holes.
-Thomas Jefferson
InspectahACE
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by InspectahACE »

Thanks for checking Bubba. I appreciate it, I do. I think CM did a weird thing with this though. I mean, the 932 gave you options on what fan you could use..this one, forces you to use a certain size on some parts. At least the 200's are $5 less then 230's :lol: . Thank you again Bubba for checking
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

You know I actually bookmarked this article 18 months ago, because they wrote about a free part exchange on page 8. Bought the case, and just recently upgraded to a G1.Assassin with USB 3.0 headers. I'll let you know if CM comes through for me.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

If they don't let us know and we'll pester them on your behalf. We don't leave our readers hanging.
Follow Me on Twitter!
eunoia
Legit Aficionado
Legit Aficionado

Post by eunoia »

"Part Request Status: Approved
part request approved, part will be sent out 3-5 business days depending on stock availability"

That was surprisingly easy. Legit Reviews has your back.
No one would talk much in society, if he knew how often he misunderstands others. - Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe (1749-1832)