Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 Portable USB Monitor Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

The Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 14" portable widescreen LCD monitor gives mobile professionals a second screen for on-the-go use for displaying spreadsheets and making presentations. The mobile monitor works great for ad hoc meetings in places like hotel lobbies or cafes that lack access to a projector and even for extra screen space for work that requires multitasking on the go.

The Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 portable monitor is a great solution for someone that needs an additional monitor on the go. With an online price of $190.67 shipped it is not something you go out and by on a whim, but is affordable for those that need it. After installing the drivers, using the the ThinkVision LT1421 was as simple as plugging the monitor into a laptop with the two USB 2.0 cables and propping it up with its photo frame stand. You can then dial-in the display to look the very best by tilting the display to the desired angle and picking the right brightness level of the 16 available...
Article Title: Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 Portable USB Monitor Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1840/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $190.67 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Re: Lenovo ThinkVision LT1421 Portable USB Monitor Review

Post by FZ1 »

Neat. One of the reasons I hate working on my laptop is that I am used to working off of 2 screens at work and on my desktop. This would be nice. Too bad it doesn't appear to work with OS X.
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

That brings up a good point... After some reasearch this morning I found out that you can get it to work on a Mac.

AS I noted in the review, Lenovo doesn't offer drivers for platforms other than Windows, but DisplayLink--the company which makes the controller inside the ThinkVision LT1421--has compatible software for Mac available on its site.

I just tried it on my neighbors 2011 MacBook Pro with version 1.7 of the DisplayLink USB driver and it worked. The DisplayLink site says driver version 1.7 works with Lion 10.7, Snow Leopard 10.6, Leopard 10.5, Tiger 10.4.
Follow Me on Twitter!
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Sweet!
Joe
amythompson172
Legit User
Legit User

Post by amythompson172 »

This monitor is very lightweight and portable - we'll see how well it holds up to travel. I'm running it on a Mac, and the picture isn't perfect, but it's certainly good enough for my needs. One of my biggest problems was in finding the driver to run the software, which I finally found at displaylink's website. Overall I'm happy with it, and would buy it again.
ageminmo
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by ageminmo »

I have problems playing movies(mplayer,vlc and umplayer does not work and just showed black display).
Tested on MacMini 2011 10.7.4 and DisplayLink 1.7 and 1.8
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Did you reach out to Lenovo to see what they had to say?
Follow Me on Twitter!