Swiftech H20-220 Edge HD Liquid Cooling Kit Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Today we look at the H20-220 Edge HD liquid cooling kit by Swiftech. The Swiftech H20-220 Edge HD kit is not like the sealed all-in-one kits we have looked at in the past. It is expandable and upgradeable. Join us as we see how Swiftech's H20-220 Edge HD Kit does against the top sealed kits available today on our Intel X79 test system with the Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition processor.

The H2O-220 Edge HD kit from Swiftech is solidly built, easy to install, and performs very well. The configurability of the H2O-220 Edge HD kit is nice as it allows the end user the flexibility to make the cooler fit their need, rather than the other way round.

Article Title: Swiftech H20-220 Edge HD Liquid Cooling Kit Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1849/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Swiftech H20-220 Edge HD Liquid Cooling Kit Review

Post by Bhench »

Nice review Shane.

Gabe really made a nice all in one kit here and the cost shouldn't scare people off as that MCP-35x is $90.00 alone (I have two in my loop) and the radiator is another $45.00, and the Apogee XT is $70.00. You add the tube, reservoir, and fans and $230.00 is actually a great price for what you get. The MCR series of radiators perform very well (I have a MCR-360 as one of my radiators) and that block is one of the best performing on the market today so much better cooling than other all in ones like the H series from Corsair.

The best part is that pump, using PWM allows you to have a totally silent system when surfing and then switch to extreme cooling when you load up your rig.

-Bill
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

From my prior Swiftech experience they can keep it. They did me no favors before. Then after a few months of very light use the pump died. I didn't bother even contacting them. I figured I'd get another leaky pump and it wasn't worth it to me at that point.

Thanks for adding the ability to click on pictures to a larger size. Sometimes it's hard to see what's going on, especially with case reviews. Continue to use clickable/larger pictures please.

On the 4.5GHz graph the Intel WC kit is titled IntelIntel. Just saw that and thought I'd pass it along.
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Yeah the Apogee Drive pump/block combo wasn't a good deal. It was the only Swiftech product I know of that leaked like that. The rad/pump/res combo on this is not like the Apogee Drive. The pump end of the rad is like an aftermarket pump top for the new MCP35X pump.

I never did use the Apogee Drive, but I have had 4 different Swiftech water blocks, I have used multiple MCP355 (Laing DDC) pumps, multiple MCP655 (Laing D5) pumps, and triple and dual radiator components.

Never had one leak on me. Have had pumps die, but they wear out.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Major_A wrote:Thanks for adding the ability to click on pictures to a larger size. Sometimes it's hard to see what's going on, especially with case reviews. Continue to use clickable/larger pictures please.
LR will be going through a complete overhaul in around 2 months from now. When the site gets updated all the images in articles from that point on will be clickable. I am moving the site over to a new backend and it will have a new template as well. Lots of good changes come that will update LR to 2012 and not 2002. The design firm is currently working on it, so as soon as they are done and it passes internal testing I will move over to it. I also got in some new servers that I will switch over to around that time as well. So, come Q2 2012 LR will be going through a complete makeover.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by Bhench »

Major,

Since I do most of the case reviews these days, if there is ever an image you want larger or have a question do not hesitate to ping me either here on the forums or at my e-mail ([email protected]) and I would be happy to provide that to you. I am excited about the new site as I think it will make everything much nicer!!

As far as leaking goes, I have run a swiftech MCR-360 for ~ 4 years and a pair of MCP-35X's for ~ 2 years without ever having a leak.
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

Thanks for the heads up guys.