Cooler Master HAF XM Case Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Cooler Master continues to add to their fine HAF (High Air Flow) series PC enclosures and today introduced a new mid-tower case called the HAF XM. This mid-tower case is priced at 139.99 and is basically a scaled down version of the Cooler Master HAF X! PC enthusiasts should take a good long look at this model when they are planning their next system build.

The Cooler Master HAF XM is impressive on every level. In past reviews I find at least one item on a case that is easily breakable. I didn't feel this way at all about every part of this case. Innovations such as the X-DOCK feature and an SSD mount behind the motherboard tray are examples of how Cooler Master is thinking outside the box.
Article Title: Cooler Master HAF XM Case Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1894/1/
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Cooler Master HAF XM Case Review

Post by bubba »

Nice case.

now they need to lop off the top two 5.25" bays, keep the 3.5 hotswap bays, take a good 3" off the depth, loose the lower drive cage all together, leave the 200mm fans top and front, and add carry handle like on the Scout and they could have a nice little portable mATX box.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

I got my hands on a Cubitek Mini-ICE ITX case and I thought it would be great for what I needed, but it won't fit all that I want.

I want an enthusiast ITX case that can fit a 120-140mm water cooler with a dual fan setup (push/pull).
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bryon1277
Legit User
Legit User

Post by Bryon1277 »

I believe the best case that I have reviewed yet IMHO. The top fans under the cap can be removed for a radiator... good stuff. I love the idea of the hot-swap X-DOCK and mounting an SSD being the MB. When I reviewed the Gelid DARKFORCE a few months ago and they had a SATA dock at the top I though "why didnt any one else think of this?" Well the X-DOCK is great competition for it.

Another thing I really liked about this case is when my hands were on everything I didn't feel it would break. The quality of the product was just outstanding compared to others I have reviewed. You can make a PC case as feature rich as you want but if the components are going to break as soon as you have a hand on them, what is the point?

=D> for Cooler Master
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by bubba »

Apoptosis wrote:I got my hands on a Cubitek Mini-ICE ITX case and I thought it would be great for what I needed, but it won't fit all that I want.

I want an enthusiast ITX case that can fit a 120-140mm water cooler with a dual fan setup (push/pull).
Lian Li PC-Q08
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson