BitFenix Unleashes The Prodigy mini-ITX PC Case

You can find all the latest computer hardware press releases in here.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

BitFenix Unleashes The Prodigy mini-ITX PC Case

Post by Apoptosis »

BitFenix Unleashes Prodigy

The compact mini-ITX chassis that makes no compromises
prodigy_45_small.jpg
prodigy_flexcage_small.jpg
prodigy_flexcage_small.jpg (100.16 KiB) Viewed 7964 times
prodigy_rear_small.jpg

(BitFenix Design Lab, May 25, 2012) – Today, BitFenix is proud to launch its latest creation - Prodigy. The first mini-ITX chassis designed with enthusiasts in mind, Prodigy is set to turn the mini-ITX chassis market on its head. With support for long graphics cards, tower coolers, and even watercooling radiators, Prodigy offers unparalleled flexibility in a compact Mini-ITX form factor.

"The wave of enthusiast class mini-ITX motherboards is upon us, and with Prodigy, users finally have a case to match," says BitFenix Product Manager David Jarlestedt. "No longer will users have to choose between compact size and blazing performance. With Prodigy, mini-ITX users can finally have it all."

Prodigy – Small Case, Big Ideas
Designed by BitFenix from the ground up, Prodigy embodies everything BitFenix – robust functionality, revolutionary new materials, and timeless design. The subtle curves and clean lines on the outside speak the same BitFenix design language that has catapulted BitFenix into the hearts of enthusiasts everywhere. The chassis is suspended by two handles on the top and bottom that are crafted with BitFenix FyberFlex™ Composite – a revolutionary new material that is very flexible yet offers incredible strength. These handles, coated in our SofTouch™ Surface Treatment, are not only a convenient way to carry Prodigy, but are also an extra level of shock protection during transport. Two SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports are provided on the outside for fast file transfers, while the brushed aluminum BitFenix logo on the front ties the entire design together. Available in Midnight Black or Arctic White, Prodigy is not just a PC case, but a work of art.

Sliding off the side panel reveals the Prodigy's true talents. The modular BitFenix FlexCage™ houses up to five 3.5" HDDs or 2.5" SSDs, making Prodigy an ideal candidate for a home server, HTPC or NAS. Remove the middle portion of the FlexCage, and Prodigy can accommodate long graphics cards up to 320mm in length, making it ideal for a pint-sized gaming powerhouse. Need even more power? Remove FlexCage and the ODD bay all together to make room for a thick 240mm water cooling radiator. Prodigy accommodates standard ATX power supplies, and a specially designed side SSD mounting bracket that enables users to install up to five SSDs, even with the FlexCage completely removed! Featuring multiple installation options, Prodigy is the most flexible mini-ITX chassis on the market, bar none.

Of course, no one wants to spend time wrestling with their system, which is why Prodigy comes with a bunch of DIY-friendly features. The uniquely positioned motherboard tray makes it possible to install tall CPU coolers, and filtered fan intakes keep the insides looking as good as the outside. Tool-free drive locking mechanisms make installation a breeze, while rolled-edge cable pass-throughs help protect your cables from damage.

Specifications
Materials SofTouch™, FyberFlex™ Composite, Plastic, Steel
Colors (Int/Ext) Black/Black, White/White
Dimensions (WxHxD) 250 x 404 x 359mm
Motherboard Sizes Mini-ITX
5.25” Drive Bays x 1 (removable)
3.5” Drive Bays x 5 (3 + 2 modular)
2.5” Drive Bays x 9 (5 + 2 + 1 +1 )
Cooling Front 120mm x 2 (120mm x 1included) or 140/180/200/230mm x 1(optional)
Cooling Rear 120mm x 1 (included) or 140mm x 1(optional)
Cooling Top 120mm x 2 (optional)
PCI Slots x 2
I/O USB 3.0 x 2, HD Audio
Power Supply PS2 ATX (bottom, multi direction)
Extras FyberFlex™ Composite handles, SofTouch™ surface treatment, filtered intakes, tool-free drive locking
Midnight Black Arctic White
P/N BFC-PRO-300-KKXSK-RP BFC-PRO-300-WWXKW-RP
EAN 4716779443011 4716779443233
UPC 886027007808 886027008737

Pricing and Availability
BitFenix Prodigy carries an MSRP of 69€ in the EU, $79 in North America, and will be available on store shelves in early June.
For more information on Prodigy, please visit http://www.bitfenix.com.

About BitFenix
BitFenix is the result of the collaboration of several veterans in both the technology and gaming industries. From the same minds behind some of technology’s most venerable products, BitFenix creates hardware and peripherals that grant the user the utmost control, strength, and performance to complete their computing tasks. Combining a deep understanding of gaming and other high-demand computing applications with superior engineering and design know-how, the BitFenix Team is dedicated to creating the go-to computing products and peripherals for those who refuse to quit. For more information, check out http://www.bitfenix.com.
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
bubba
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: BitFenix Unleashes The Prodigy mini-ITX PC Case

Post by bubba »

At $79 I am highly interested in this case. Most the little cubes like this I have been looking at are Lian Li's and north of $130, and I would still have to cut on them.

BitFenix could have a hot little case on their hands.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
-Thomas Jefferson
XstollieX
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by XstollieX »

bubba wrote:At $79 I am highly interested in this case. Most the little cubes like this I have been looking at are Lian Li's and north of $130, and I would still have to cut on them.

BitFenix could have a hot little case on their hands.
I was thinking that this is a sharp case as well, almost makes me want to rethink my current build with an eATX LGA2011 motherboard and 680. But I've already dropped over a grand on hardware for it and I haven't seen a mITX LGA 2011 board yet. Haven't look to hard for one yet either
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

XstollieX wrote:I was thinking that this is a sharp case as well, almost makes me want to rethink my current build with an eATX LGA2011 motherboard and 680. But I've already dropped over a grand on hardware for it and I haven't seen a mITX LGA 2011 board yet. Haven't look to hard for one yet either
Newegg lists 34 Intel LGA2011 boards with the Intel X79 chipset:

21 - ATX
4 - Extended ATX
3 - XL ATX
1 - HPTX
3 - Micro ATX
2 - SSI CEB

Compare that to the 237 boards that Newegg lists for LGA1155. On LGA1155 you have 84 Micro ATX boards and 22 Mini ITX boards to pick from. It's no wonder LGA1155 is more popular as right off the bat you have so many more choices at much better price points and various form factors. You won't see an Intel LGA 2011 board in mini ITX due to all the power requirements needed.

You do have two Intel Z77 boards that are half decent, the ASUS P8Z77-I Deluxe and the ASRock Z77E-ITX.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Haven't posted in a long while, but seriously thanks for this news! Seems like the case-that-doesn't-exist I've been looking for!

This case looks amazing, any chance for you guys to get a review sample? Also, I can't seem to find out how long of a graphics card you can fit with their "FlexCage" installed, do you have any info on that?

Edit: Hmm, graphics length with the FlexCage installed seems rather short, about mini-ITX board length. Let's hope for the GTX660 to be a short card...
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

With FlexCage: 180mm
Without FlexCage: 330mm

Hope that helps!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Zertz
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Zertz »

Perfect thanks! Not the answer I was hoping for though :(

That gives 7 inches of clearance, over an inch shorter than my GTX460, so I'm hoping the eventual GTX660 fits, but that seems unlikely... I might just have to save money and grab a 650 instead!

p.s. The Cubitek case in your earlier article is nice, but costs way more than I'm willing to drop on a case.
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

check out this bitfenix Prodigy build filled with a 240mm and 200mm radiator to keep things cool
itx-build.jpg
itx-build.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 7421 times
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

5710dab6_DSC_0093.jpeg
58670167_motherboard.jpeg
967727.jpg
Just noticed this is not a BitFenix build, but rather someone in Denmark. You can see the build log here.
Follow Me on Twitter!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

another
bit-fenix.jpg
Follow Me on Twitter!
SFruergaard
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by SFruergaard »

Just wanted to tell that an X79 in the Prodigy is possible:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1304413/buil ... ix-prodigy

Hope you will follow :)
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

257416_10151241937951388_1941822439_o.jpg
Follow Me on Twitter!