OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Power Supply Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

OCZ’s latest PSU was co-developed with Johnathan “Fatal1ty” Wendel to meet the specific needs of gamers. The OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W PSU sports a gaming-ready look with a sleek design, clean connectors, and a glowing red LED fan. By using using 100% Japanese capacitors and a powerful single +12V rail, this PSU is capable of delivering 1000W of continuous power at 50°C, which should be plenty of power for multi-GPU gaming PCs.

The OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W is a well-balanced power supply of high quality, offering great performance and a unique appearance. Considering its target group, it may not be cheap but it is not excessively expensive either. We are certain that hardcore users will enjoy the Fatal1ty 1000W unit, particularly those who would like to have a unit with individually sleeved cables but do not have the skills or the time to perform such an extensive modification.
Article Title: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Power Supply Review
Article URL: http://legitreviews.com/article/1941/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $219.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
DragonFury
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Power Supply Review

Post by DragonFury »

I was surprised they used such small heatsinks on it.
Mini ME
Is in a state of flux....
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: OCZ Fatal1ty 1000W Power Supply Review

Post by kenc51 »

DragonFury wrote:I was surprised they used such small heatsinks on it.
With the current drive on all things green, it means the components are more effecient.
This in turn means less heat given off as waste.

Don't let the marketting fool you into thinking the companues are going out of their way to bring you this.
It's all down to the cost price of the components.
They have now dropped to a price just above standard components, but the extra money they spend on the more efficient parts is almost saved completly on using smaller heatsinks.
They then add on ~20% markup on the retail price and try to justify this by saying it's bronze certified

I'm not saying this is specific to OCZ, it seems all vendors do this.
The customer wants to be green, manufaturers want to supply it as it sells.

It's like touch screen cell phones. A number of years ago you had to buy a PDA to get this. Now its standard on all but the cheapest of phones.