Samsung 8GB 30nm DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Samsung 8GB 30nm DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review

Post by Apoptosis »

Samsung 8GB 1600MHz Memory Kit Review

Samsung has been making quality PC hardware and accessories for many years, but today we're taking a look at their 30nm 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 memory kit which is known to many enthusiasts as some of the best overclocking RAM for it's price. We plan to see not only how well it performs at it's stock settings, but also if it really lives up to it's overclocking name! Read on to see what our test results show!

With a memory market that is seeing RAM prices at their lowest point in years, memory manufacturers have to take the extra step to ensure they are being as competitive as possible. Samsung is doing just that with their latest 8GB (2x4GB) dual channel kit of DDR3. Some of you have probably already heard about the specific kit we are looking at today, the Samsung Ultra Low Voltage 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 1.35v dual channel memory kit. Available at just $49.99 Samsung designed this kit to be used by those who want to save as much power as possible, yet still have a reliable memory solution....
Article Title: Samsung 8GB 30nm DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1959/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $49.99 shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Re: Samsung 8GB 30nm DDR3 1600MHz Memory Kit Review

Post by Major_A »

This looks similar to the Kingston RAM that came with the GravIT PC I won here. I didn't look to see how much voltage the RAM required before I swapped it for some Crucial DDR3 1600MHz RAM.
0_o-Roy
Legit User
Legit User

Post by 0_o-Roy »

Samsung are an evil company and make half assed products, they cheap out on everything their stuff is not designed to last, they also are not known for being priced fairly so **** u samung and keep to making t.v's
Major_A
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Major_A »

0_o-Roy wrote:Samsung are an evil company and make half assed products, they cheap out on everything their stuff is not designed to last, they also are not known for being priced fairly so **** u samung and keep to making t.v's
Tell us what you really think. Just curious here why do you think Samsung makes half-assed products? The only Samsung electronic I've ever owned that was a huge piece of junk was one of their 1st DVD players. Rest of the stuff is rocking away (typing this on a 6 year old Samsung LCD monitor).
kenc51
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by kenc51 »

I've had ram from them before, rdimm, sdram and ddr & never had problems.
In fact most of their memory business is in the oem / server market.
These customers don't take sh!t and they own this market.

I personally haven't had any issues with their ram
I haven't used their cd/dvd drives
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Yeah, I chose Sony over Samsung 3 years ago when I bought my 47" LCD, and it is already giving me major problems (needs 10 minutes to warm up to get a proper picture and even then gives me halo effects :roll: ) and of course is out of warranty. Next one will probably be a Samsung, they seem to put out better quality in the long run. This is a vote of confidence for SAMSUNG!
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
emmjay28
Legit Little One
Legit Little One

Post by emmjay28 »

"Samsung Ultra Low Voltage 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 1.35v."

Correction to the spec, guys. These are not Ultra Low Voltage. They are JEDEC DDR3L Low Voltage 1.35V, Ultra Low Voltage is DDR3U at 1.25V.