Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RC8 50GB Drive Review

A place to give your thoughts on our reviews!
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

Admit it. You've often wondered what would happen if you took an SSD controller, like the SandForce SF-1200, crammed it into a thumb drive with gobs of NAND and let it run wild with an eight channel architectural design. Well, now you no longer have to wonder because we'll show you what happens when we put the USB 3.0 Express RC8 50GB flash drive from Super Talent to the test.

In terms of performance, while we never did get the drive to hit the rated 270MB/s reads and 220MB/s writes, we came very close. Still, it's very cool to be able to plug into a USB 3.0 port and move huge amounts of data with ease in no time at all. We were able to stream high-definition video with nary a hiccup. Even with the turbo software in normal mode, this drive cooks but with turbo enabled it's simply amazing.
Article Title: Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RC8 50GB Drive Review
Article URL: http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1968/1/
Pricing At Time of Print: $109.99 Shipped
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Re: Super Talent USB 3.0 Express RC8 50GB Drive Review

Post by Bhench »

Joe,

You said if you remember 5.25" floppies you are old... I remember 8" floppies and punch cards so what does that make me? :-k

Bill
FZ1

Post by FZ1 »

Bhench wrote:Joe,

You said if you remember 5.25" floppies you are old... I remember 8" floppies and punch cards so what does that make me? :-k

Bill
Ancient!

Actually, I remember those but never actually used the. I did use cassette tapes to store data from my Apple II+
Joe
Apoptosis
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Apoptosis »

yeah, i can honestly say I never use them either.

Bill, did you ever use Magnetic core memory?
Find us on Facebook to discover the faces behind the names!
Follow Me on Twitter!
Kaos Kid
Legit Extremist
Legit Extremist

Post by Kaos Kid »

Back at my old High School (Haz West Class of '78) we had a game/exercise called "The Code of Hammurabi" on punch cards :P
I have come to the conclusion that "FaceBook" should be renamed "FacePalm" :roll:
Bhench
Staff Writer
Staff Writer

Post by Bhench »

Apoptosis wrote:yeah, i can honestly say I never use them either.

Bill, did you ever use Magnetic core memory?
I am not quite that old :). I was class of '87. My stepfather was CEO of a business selling special gaskets for doors and such to the big three up in Michigan so when I was a little boy I got to tour the GM IT department and play with punch cards. That system might of had magnetic core /shrug. All the data was on these big reel to reel tapes and they had devices the size of a washing machine for hard drives. The platters were a stack of 4 or 5 and about 18" in diameter. The clear top would lift up and the tech would set the platters in the big machine with a clear plastic dome over them. Then you would pull it off and close the lid. They had to switch platters depending on what data needed to be accessed. I was about 6 so that would have been ~ 75'. I was in total awe!